NSS 3.11.5 Release Notes
18 January 2007
IntroductionNetwork Security Services (NSS) 3.11.5 is a patch release for NSS 3.11. The bug fixes in NSS 3.11.5 are described in the "Bugs Fixed" section below.
Distribution InformationThe CVS tag for the NSS 3.11.5 release is NSS_3_11_5_RTM. NSS 3.11.5 requires NSPR 4.6.5.
See the Documentation section for the build instructions.
NSS 3.11.5 source and binary distributions are also available on ftp.mozilla.org for secure HTTPS download:
- Source tarballs: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/NSS_3_11_5_RTM/src/.
- Binary distributions: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/NSS_3_11_5_RTM/. Both debug and optimized builds are provided. Go to the subdirectory for your platform, DBG (debug) or OPT (optimized), to get the tar.gz or zip file. The tar.gz or zip file expands to an nss-3.11.5 directory containing three subdirectories:
- include - NSS header files
- lib - NSS shared libraries
- bin - NSS Tools and test programs
Bugs FixedThe following bugs have been fixed in NSS 3.11.5.
- Bug 232600: MSVC .NET 2003 (7.1) does not support /PDB:NONE
- Bug 335481: crash importing a PKCS#12 file [[@ PK11_UnwrapPrivKey]
- Bug 342795: PR_Read returns -1 but PR_GetError returns 0 when ECDHE keygen fails
- Bug 353896: Building tip with NSS_ECC_MORE_THAN_SUITE_B causes crashes in all.sh
- Bug 354423: modutil -changepw command crashes in debug builds
- Bug 357197: OCSP response code fails to match CERTIds
- Bug 358248: MP SSL Cache thread LockPoller is never stopped
- Bug 362173: The NSS cryptographic module should have its own version numbers.
- Bug 362857: Simplify the NSS version string definition.
- Bug 363073: ECC TLS client crashes if the server doesn't send the ServerKeyExchange message
- Bug 363749: SEC_FindCrlByKeyOnSlot never finds a CRL on a slot since it incorrectly forms decodeoption flag
- Bug 363987: crlutil does not change thisUpdate date when creating a modified CRL
- Bug 364319: SSL2 client vulnerability in non-DEBUG builds
- Bug 364323: SSL2 server vulnerability reported
- Bug 366405: PK11_DeleteTokenPrivateKey leaks cert when force is true