Build Instructions for NSS 3.11.4 Release
The instructions that follow describe how to build the NSS 3.11.4 release.
For detailed information about the NSS 3.11.4 release, see NSS 3.11.4 Release Notes.
Important: Before you build NSS, you should be familiar with the Mozilla CVS system; see source code via CVS for details.
NSPR Version: NSS 3.11.4 is compatible with NSPR 4.6.4 and
Build Instructions for All Platforms
Build Instructions for All PlatformsThe following new build instructions should work for all platforms (with some platform-specific changes as noted).
Before you begin: for Windows, if you haven't before, get Netscape's "wintools" as explained in 2.2 Software Installation.
- Set environment variables:
- For Windows, set OS_TARGET to be either WINNT or WIN95 in the environment
- For Windows, make your PATH include the directory that contains Netscape's wintools (special gmake, shmsdos, etc.)
- If you want a non-debug optimized build, set BUILD_OPT=1 in your environment. Otherwise, you get a debug build. On Windows, if you want a debug build with the system's debug RTL libraries, set USE_DEBUG_RTL=1 in your environment.
- On Unix platforms, except Alpha/OSF1, if you want a build for the system's 64-bit ABI, set USE_64=1 in your environment. By default, NSS builds for the 32-bit environment on all platforms except Alpha/OSF1.
- Set the environment variable CVSROOT to :pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot
- To build with gcc on platforms other than Linux and Windows, you need to set two more environment variables:
cvs co -r NSPR_4_6_4_RTM mozilla/nsprpub
cvs co -r NSS_3_11_4_RTM mozilla/dbm mozilla/security/dbm
cvs co -r NSS_3_11_4_RTM mozilla/security/coreconf mozilla/security/nss
cd mozilla/security/nss (or, on Windows, cd