Mozilla FAQs (frequently asked questions)
Here are pointers to a few FAQ documents.
For End Users
- Firefox FAQ
- FAQ about the Firefox browser.
- Thunderbird FAQ
- FAQ about the Thunderbird email client.
- Mozilla 1.5 FAQ
- FAQ about Mozilla 1.5; good all-round coverage of important questions.
- Wishlist FAQ
- A list of commonly requested features from our wishlist newsgroup.
For Web Authors
- Mozilla Web Author FAQ
- Mozilla FAQ for Web designers
- Netscape Public License FAQ
- Answers to questions about the Netscape Public License, the license under which the Mozilla source code is shipped.
- Mozilla Relicensing FAQ
- Information on relicensing the Mozilla source code, specifically on compatibility issues with GNU General Public License (GPL).
- Mozilla FAQ
- Pat Gunn has put together this FAQ of introductory materials, common build problems, etc.
- Mozilla Build FAQ
- Answers specific questions concerning the Mozilla build process.
- Debugging Mozilla on Windows FAQ
- Tips on debugging Mozilla. See also the Linux debugging FAQ.
- Gecko Embedding FAQ
- Answers to commonly questions about embedding Gecko, Mozilla's layout engine.
- Gecko FAQ
- Answers to questions about Mozilla's layout engine.
- Code Review FAQ
- Answers about mozilla.org's code review process.
- Sheriff FAQ
- Information on sheriffs, people who watch over the tree.
The following is a list of public documents pertaining to Netscape's announcement to release the Communicator source code and the creation of mozilla.org.
- Free Navigator FAQ
- Answers to general questions regarding Netscape's January 22, 1998 announcement that Netscape Communicator and Navigator are now free, as well as very general Q&A about the plans to release source code.
- Open Source FAQ
- Answers to some specific questions from the developer community regarding Netscape's plan to release source code for its next major release of Netscape Communicator and Navigator. See also Netscape's own FAQ.
- The mozilla.org Press Release
- Netscape's announcement of the creation of mozilla.org.
Can't find the information you are looking for? Try our end user documentation.