End user documentation
This page provides links to documentation for users of Mozilla and Mozilla-based browsers.
- Mozilla releases and release notes - installation instructions, what's new, and a list of known issues
- Mozilla 1.7 start page - useful information for new Mozilla users, including an FAQ (frequently asked questions) and a troubleshooting guide.
- Mozilla Getting Started Guide - Installation guide for new Mozilla users, including information on migrating from other programs such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Communicator.
- Gunnar's Unofficial Mozilla Help Page - The site contains FAQs, a general troubleshooting guide and several tutorials and HOW-TOs that explain a variety of Mozilla's options, settings and features.
- PluginDoc - Help site for installing and using helper applications (e.g. Flash and Java) and download managers.
- Mozilla User Guide [PDF] - (Deakin University)
- Introduction to Mozilla - A Manual for First Time Users [PDF]
Using Mozilla Features and Customizing Mozilla:
- Mozilla custom keywords
- Internet Keywords - Mozilla can ask a server for help if it cannot find the host you typed.
- Customizing Mozilla - Hints to some of the less well documented features in Mozilla which can be customized to suit the user's preference.
- Domain Guessing - Mozilla will try "www.hostname.com" if "hostname" was not found.
- Configurable Security Policies Users can set up security policies for their browsers, with different security policies for different internet sites.
- Command Line Arguments - A list of command line arguments and what they do.
- Setting Hidden Preferences - Mozilla has lots of preferences that you can only set by editing your preferences file by hand. This is a list of some of these settings.
- Files in your Mozilla profile directory
- Mozilla Keyboard Shortcuts - List of things you can do in Mozilla using a keyboard instead of a mouse.
- Helper Applications - Describes how helper applications in Mozilla work and what can be done with them.
- Customizing User Styles (Squarefree.com)
- A Brief Guide to Preferences
- Hidden Mozilla Prefs (Pratik Solanki)
Read how to contribute documentation to this project.