maintained by Chris Nelson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Last Updated Sunday, August 15, 1999
This status update page is updated every
weekend. To get updates and news throughout the week , I invite
you to check out mozillaZine
a site I maintain devoted to Mozilla advocacy.
Friends of the Tree
- great analysis of compiler warning logs to turn up a large
number of potential infinite loop problems though out the code.
see "...speaking of compiler warnings" thread in n.p.m.builds
- Chris Hofmann
has been a superstar at whacking our RDF document tree into
order - Chris Waterson
- Resolved 79 bugs in the last week, see our Bug
List for details.
- Completed most planned M9 tasks, see recent progress reports
and the M9 feature tracking
list for details.
- Eric Vaughan made good progress integrating GFX scrollbars
into Necko. He is tracking down one remaining bug, but we are
deferring landing this until M10 in order to allow more time for
thorough testing. (evaughan)
- Dan Matejka added modal dialog support from JS. (danm)
- Help xpapps with dialog issues. (evaughan)
- Make splitter split. (evaughan)
- Add alignment to boxes. (evaughan)
- Fix collapse in boxes. (evaughan)
- IDL''ify d&d stuff. (pinkerton)
- Drag start event. (pinkerton)
- Fix d&d/transferable api's once and for all. (pinkerton)
- To complete the basic re-architecture of XP popups,
tooltips, and context menus. (hyatt)
- Tree widget bugs. (hyatt)
- Tree widget scheduled tasks. (hyatt)
- Get dialogs working in all situations. They are especially
squirrelly on gtk, and when called from certain places in the
code, as reported in my M10 bugs. (danm)
- Keybinding bug fixes. (saari)
- XPMenus ahoy. (saari)
- I18N transferable issues. (pavlov)
- Finish Linux D&D for M10. (mcafee)
- XPCOM - whats
wrong and how to fix it?
- nsIModule implemented as replacement for NSRegisterSelf() etc
entry points to the dll
- XPCOM review of modules/libimg/gifcom complete. Look at:
- Planning xpcom brownbag and sample code hosting for next week
- Planning xpcom review of all components beginning next week
"Two projects announced this week:
1. Z39.50 and RDF integration, see here.
was announced by email@example.com.
2. "Bookie" (collaborative bookmarking) was been announced
by firstname.lastname@example.org; see this
has been a superstar at whacking our RDF document tree into order.
XUL "template" documentation is online here.
An updated RDF "back end architecture document" has made it
Several amazingly useful RDF/XUL test cases have flowed in over
the past two or three weeks from email@example.com
and firstname.lastname@example.org Wow!
Somebody _is_ actually using this stuff!
Not much to note. Kipp is reducing the amount of stack space
that the block/inline code uses. I'm working on optimizing table
Mike McCabe has our XPConnect update:
"XPConnect - I recently checked in changes to the xpidl
compiler to verify the scriptability of methods within interfaces
marked [scriptable]. This should provide one more assurance to
people adding scriptability to their XPCOM interfaces. See my post
to .xpcom for details. Also drop in
to .xpcom for several lively debates."
""Howard" Xuhua Lin
has been helping out with tests and patches for the Rhino ImporterTopLevel
class that provides a convenient shorthand for using Java classes
has been working on changes to Solaris xptcall
to support the 5.0 Sun Workshop. Roger has also been fixing bugs
in the regular expression support for the Rhino (Java) and Spider