- Fixed 7 bugs in the last week, see our Fixed
Bug List for details.
- Keybinding is in pending approval of RDF changes, but hindered
by bug #7650 (fix in progress). People can still start using it,
they just can't use modifier keys yet, at least on MacOS. It may
work right on other platforms, haven't tested yet. (saari)
- Dynamic hide/show of menu bar is done. (danm)
- Backwards-compatible bar support done, needed for finding
and hiding button bar, location bar, status bar, etc. (danm)
- Removed (obsolete) nsDialog implementation and usages from
the widget and webshell directories. (mcafee)
- Basic XP Scrollbar widget is in, and ready for Gecko to integrate.
- Converted: ToolbarCore, ToolkitCore, BrowserAppCore, DOMPropsCore,
CookieCore, ProfileCore, and WalletCore into components. (scc)
- Make nsITransferrable (and thus clipboard and d&d) scriptable.
- OpenDialog from C. (danm)
- XBeep() (sdagley)
- Linux Drag & Drop. (mcafee)
- Integrate scrollbars into build. (evaughan)
- Make toggling titledbuttons. (evaughan)
- Make dialogs size to content. (evaughan)
- Convert refsCore, RDFCore, SignonCore, and EditorAppCore into
components and merge with the current tree. (scc)
- Fix remaining M7 bugs. (all)
- Dynamic hide/show of titlebars appears not to be possible,
and is not known to be a requirement, so we have tentatively decided
to drop it. If anyone really needs it, and/or knows how to do
it on all platforms, let us know. (danm)
Suresh Duddi has this update regarding XPCOM:
Component Registry separated from the current global registry.
It now exists in
<exedir>/component.reg (unix and win)
<exedir>/Component Registry (mac)
Files obsoleted by xpcom2.0 landing removed from the tree.
that our very own Norris Boyd will be giving at the upcoming JavaOne
conference. Norris will be enlightening the unwashed masses about
implementation that is freely available on mozilla.org."
Phil Peterson has our Mail/News update::
- These started to appear this week: Send Unsent Messages,
marking news read, cross-posting news, address picker.
- Work in progress, but invisible: Undo delete messages, LDAP
integration, biff (check for new mail), filtering
- M7 bugs to zero (or real close) by Tuesday.
- MIME emitter footprint reduction
- No more tree breakage!
- About the same as last week. Win32 a little bigger, Mac and
Linux a little smaller.
- Win32: 800k
- Mac: 1584k
- Linux: 1794k
Our Editor module update is from Akkana Peck:
- Ender text control work still on track for inclusion in M7.
- Lots of transaction manager work, to make transactions scriptable.
See the editor newsgroup for more information.
- Backend work on block transformations, and lots of discussion
in the newsgroup regarding typing rules for block transformations;
meanwhile, work is proceeding well on the code to implement editing
- More work on various dialogs, such as the horizontal rule dialog.
- The beginnings of Insert HTML, though there are lots of bugs.
- Migrated the editor app core to XPIDL.
- Middle mouse paste goes to the mouse location now.
- Work proceeding on bugs related to XIF encoding (which show
up primarily in saving to files and in the debug functions OutputHTML