- URL dispatching work is starting to come together
- Download footprint (mail.xpi on Win32): 798k
- UI meeting minutes posted
- What we're working on
- davidmc - 10837
Import 4.x address books to mozilla, finishing up MDB logging
- bienvenu - 18005
Crash after leaving IMAP window open for a long time, 18108
Only update IMAP sent folder when it's open
- alecf - 12895
Need to scroll tree to a specific item, 13483
Tree/scroll bar crash
- jefft - 6904
Expunge IMAP folders containing \deleted messages on shutdown,
Logout of IMAP folders when connection is interrupted by user
- rhp - 17034
MIME-encoded headers are quoted without decoding, 17770
Bugs in sending multipart/related messages in a multipart/alternative
- mscott - 14928
URL dispatching, 17065
Stall opening IMAP inbox
- sspitzer - 17954
4.x local folders not migrated for IMAP users, 15093
Crash with different mail start page
- hangas - 17895
Address book contents don't display, 17988
Address book crash
- putterman - 12846
Make threaded view work, 17712
Rearchitect biff notifications
- ducarroz - 17983
Plain text reply doesn't quote the message, 15682
Forwarding disobeys plain text setting
- Regressions are still sucking a lot of time, but we're starting
a rotating "regression sheriff" for mail/news so people can more
easily plan their time.
- Mike Pinkerton made good progress on drag & drop, you
can now drag bookmarks window from 5.0 to 4.x and watch them
load. He also got rudimentary drop feedback on tree views,
and on the personal toolbar.
- Resolved 46 bugs in the last week, fixing 24 of them.
See our resolved
bug list below for details.
- Regressions are costing a lot of time. Focus testing
is affected, and keybindings have apparently broken again.
- Stuart Parmenter fixed scrolling of really large pages by
clamped down sizes drawing rects on unix to avoid overflows when
scrolling (thanks dbaron) (bug 2564) (pavlov)
- Pav also got regions scriptable on unix (used by DND) (bug
- Pav also got twips to pixels conversions right finally, hopefully.
- Chris Saari has been hammering out remaining issues with
focus, getting ready to land. (saari)
- Chris also helped Paul Hangas hunt regressions with overlays.
- David Hyatt helped Chris Waterson make some more signficant
performance gains in secondary web pages, through 'brutal' sharing
of content. (hyatt, waterson)
Current Open Bugs
- evaughan: Work on making dialogs look better.
Pork Jockey paint issues
- Hyatt: 12687
Chrome registry .
- Saari: Menu positioning, and fixing anything that is blocking
- Fix bugs, PorkJockey, Blocker, PDT+, M12. (all)
- 35 editor bugs were resolved this past week
- We have 30 open major bugs for M12 bugs, 17 are PDT+
- The team resolved numerous M11 bugs, several PDT+ bugs, and
a few of those annoying little issues.
- Check this one out from Akkana:
Helped Naoki fix the editor paste routines to understand kUnicodeMime,
which uncovered a cascade of regressions which I spent most of
Friday tracking down: first, there was a crash (18102) in the
plaintext editor (which turned out to be due to a change in XUL
event listeners); once that was finally worked around (by a change
to not set up the nsInterfaceState in the case of a plaintext
editor, during which Simon and I discovered that mEditorType in
the editor shell is never set correctly and anything which depends
on it is doing the wrong thing), I discovered that someone had
disabled the calling of PasteAsPlaintextQuotation and InsertAsPlaintextQuotation
(so that even the plaintext editor does html quotations, having
nothing to do with the editor shell's mEditorType being set to
html); after fixing that, I discovered that someone else had "fixed"
Insert/PasteAsPlaintextQuotation to use a new string class but
hadn't actually bothered to test them, and they didn't work at
all. I'm continuing to work with Naoki to get the code rewritten
so that it all works.
- >From our ever optimistic buster: "the Margarita Blend-Off
is a joke, clearly the san diego team will crush all opposition!"
- The current open bug count for the editor team is 251.
- Kin --
- fixed 17882 ([CRASH]), 17891 ([CRASH]), 16871 (spellcheck)
- worked with akkana and pavlov on bug 13407
- tracked down cause of dogfood blocker bugs 18002 and 18006,
checked in temporary fix and filed bug 18092 for the real cause
of the problem
- closed 16631 ([DOGFOOD])
- working on bug 16286 ([CRASH])
- created a "whotobug" page for the team
- Kathy --
- reviewed changes by cmanske, ftang, and others
- continued to work on bug 13438
- helped joki with his M11 bugs
- Steve --
- webshell work: implemented nsIWebShell::SetDocument(). This
allows clients (like the text control) to hand the webshell a
pre-fabricated document, rather than incurring the cost of nsIWebShell::LoadURL()
which involves calling necko to spin a thread for loading about:blank,
the speedup looks to be about 30%
- started work on detailed webshell task list. This will help
us integrate a third person to help out. maybe rick potts!
- fixed 17792, 17729, 17689 ([DOGFOOD][BLOCKER]) & 17727
- made significant progress on 14599 & 12646
- helped resolve bugs 16709, 18019, 18044
- Joe --
- fixed 14 bugs this week: 14430, 16434, 17673, 16361, 16724,
16855, 12677, 14343, 14071, 15696, 15734, 14197, 14626, 16905
- Simon --
- checked in fixes for 18029 & 16723 - error handling in
imglib. This required a change to the nsIImage API, which was
implemented on all platforms.
- got code coverage tool working
nicely, and collected code
coverage data for startup (which show that we get on average
30% coverage for startup and first window).
- wrote Perl script to parse Mac link map files, and code coverage
output, to generate code coverage data at the DLL, file and function
- Mike --
- changed focus to work on stylesheet reflection of selection.
- took several bugs off of saari's plate so he can focus on
- checking in fix for 12958
- Charley --
- finished rewriting the Image Properties dialog
- fixed 17098 & 17808
- debugged 18039 ([M11 Blocker] [CRASH]) - this one now belongs
- Akkana --
- checked in fixes for 7275, 16285 & 15204 (HTML entity
- spent most of the week working with two outside contributors,
Daniel Bratell <email@example.com> and Ben Bucksch <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
on fixes to the plaintext output sinks, wholly or partially fixing
13278, 13442, 17823, 17824, 13753, and 12551. Checked in
Daniel's changes; Ben's changes are waiting until M12 as the
- tracked down key event regression (return/enter stopped working)
and checked in a fix for it.
- discussed issues blocking the implementation of platform
keybindings (bug 18033)
- International development support by the entire Ender team
when needed and when necessary
- Getting those PDT+ bugs off the list
- Next week:
- Kin: 16286, 18092 & 17989
- Kathy: reviewing PDT+ bugs, will give bug numbers shortly.
- Steve: 13374 (Webshell), 10683 & 14599
- Joe: 12073 & 16481, and will provide IME support
- Simon: full code coverage analysis of the DLLs that are loaded
at startup, look for ways to reduce the amount of unneeded code
loaded at startup and bug 5085
- Mike: 18046 & 12958
- Charley: 14344 & 14342, working with UI team to resolve
global CSS needs
- Akkana: 18102, 17341 & 18100 -- and pitch in to get key
bindings moving (work toward bug 18033); continue to work with
Daniel and Ben on plaintext output fixes (17871, 17883).
- Simon is continuing to work with Porkjockey effort, editor
tasks are on hold
- Steve is working on webshell rewrite, other editor tasks are
- Akkana will be off on Nov. 15
- Charley will be on vacation Nov. 15-17
- Steve will be on vacation Nov. 22-24
- Kathy will be in MV the first week in December.
Ender Team Members: