You are here: Mozilla MailNews Functional / UI Tests > Mail & News: Delete Messages
Feature Test Spec: Mail and News Component
Mail and News Component: Delete MessagesWritten by Sheela Ravindran and Esther Goes
UI Specification: Used Nova Specs (not available at this time)
Deleting/Canceling messages from (Mail & News). Perform the following test cases for multiple and single message. Also verify these test cases are executed on messages in Imap, POP and Local Folder. The delete model used in all these test cases are "Move it to Trash folder".
Basic Scenarios - Delete/Cancel
- Message can be deleted/canceled from various Mail/News windows
- 3 Pane UI
- Message Window (stand alone)
- Ways to delete/cancel a Message
- Toolbar (not for a selected News article)
- Mouse (drag and drop to Trash only for a Mail message, not News articles)
- Context Menu
- Number of messages that can be deleted/canceled
- Single message
- Multiple messages
- Selective messages (Example on Windows, use the Ctrl+Mouse click, On Mac, use Cmd+Mouse click. On Unix, use Ctrl+Mouse click.)
- All messages
- Cancel messages from Newsgroups
- You are the one who posted the message, verify it allows the cancel
- You are not the who posted the message, verity you receive a message stating you cannot cancel the message because you are not the one who posted it.
- Verify you cannot Undo a cancelled message
- Verify you cannot cancel multiple selected news messages, verify the dlg with alret come up stating 'you can cancel only one article at a time'. The Cancel menu items are disabled in this scenario.
- Delete Mail messagges from various folders including the following,
that reside within various Accounts (Identities). Verify the message is
moved to the Trash (Preference for IMAP servers should have "Move it to
the Trash Folder" selected)
- Account Inbox
- Account Sent
- Account Draft
- Unsent Messages
- A User defined folder for each account
- Delete Mail messages from various Trash folders, verify the message
is no longer in Trash or any other folder
- Account Trash
- Local Trash
- Drag and Drop messages to trash folder. Test on both the accounts
with single and multiple messages. Verify that the message is cleared
from the folder in the thread pane and the message is in the trash
- Imap Account -From Inbox and other folders
- POP Account- From Inbox and other folders
- Delete messages using menu item "Select All" from the edit menu.
Delete messages using toolbar button or menu item. Verify that messages
are deleted and moved to trash folder.
- Imap folders
- POP folders
- Local folders
- Deleting messages from different Mail Identies (Accounts)
- POP account (server)
- IMAP account (server)
- Canceling messages from different News Identities
Expanded Scenarios - Delete/Cancel
- 3 Pane UI collapsed to 2 pane UI
- Collapse the Thread pane only and delete/cancel a message from the Message pane
- Collapse the Message pane only and delete/cancel a message om the Thread pane
- Collapse the Sidebar (aka Folder pane) only and delete/cancel a message from either Message or Thread pane
- 3 Pane UI collapsed to 1 pane UI
- Collapse the Thread pane and Folder pane then delete/cancel a message from the Message pane
- Collapse the Sidebar (aka Folder pane) and Message pane then delete/cancel a message from the Thread pane
- Delete a Mail message when the number of messages in the mail
- No message
- 1 message in the folder -verify the message is deleted and Delete becomes disabled after the deletion
- 2-10 messages in the folder -verify the selected message/s is deleted
- 11-50 messages in the folder -verify the selected message/s is deleted
- 51-XXXX messages in the folder -verify the selected message/s is deleted
- Interrupting deleting a Mail message when the number of messages in
the mail folder is:
- 1 message -verify the message is not deleted (this can only be tested if it is a very large message and you have a slow system) otherwise just test to see that there are no crashes or strange behaviour.
- 2-10 messages in the folder -verify some of the selected message/s are not deleted (above statement "this can only be tested..." applies)
- 11-50 messages in the folder --verify some of the selected message/s are not deleted (above statement "this can only be tested..." applies)
- 51-1000 messages in the folder -verify some of the selected message/s are not deleted (above statement "this can only be tested..." applies)
- Delete/Cancel messages in a thread list
- Sort by thread and select one from the thread list, delete/cancel and verify the selected message is the only one deleted/canceled
- Mail only- Sort by thread and select multiple messages in the middle of the thread list and delete, verify only the selected messages are deleted
- New only- Verify you cannot cancel multiple message, when multiple news messages are selected the Menu items and Context menu items for cancelling are disabled.
- Delete Original messages, Replied messages and Forward messages
- Verify the message is move to the Trash Folder that belongs to the account you are deleting from.
- Verify Edit/Undo copies the message in the Trash back to the folder it came from, (Currenty it's a copy, no mention in dogbert or nova spec that the behaviour should be a move instead of a copy. Because it's a move the message is in two places, need to check that)
- Delete messages from different sort orders for the columns in the Thread pane
- Delete messages from threaded view. Verify that the sort order does not change. Verify that deleting the parent deletes all the child messages tagged to that parent (Known Bug)
- Verify Delete tool bar button is enabled after using the "Next" navigate button going through the unread messages.
- Delete messages using Shift+Delete:
- Verifying the message by-passes the Trash folder and is no longer in any folder.
- Verify selecting Edit/Undo (before you change folders) will place the message back in the folder
- Deleting messages from Search Messages dialog (News messages cannot
be cancelled from this dialog)
- Verify the Delete Message button is enabled after selecting a mail message.
- Verify the message is deleted (moved to Trash), when clicking on the Delete Message button
- Verify both the Delete Message button and context menu item are disabled if the Search was on a Newsgroup and a news message is selected.
- Deleting messages while Offline (News messages cannot be cancelled
- Verify all Delete options are enabled when a mail message is selected.
- Verify the mail message is deleted (moved to Trash), when clicking on any of the Delete options
- Verify the Cancel menu items are disabled if a news message is selected while offline.
- Set the preference "Empty trash on exit" in the preference panel.
- Delete single or multiple messages from different account and verify that when you quit and launch the application trash folder is emptied.
- Verify the above for Imap, POP and Local folder Trash folders.
- Verify there is feedback through the status/progress bar
Stress Scenarios - Delete/Cancel
- Verify you are able to Delete mail messages with the following and
verify the deleted message w/attachment is moved to the Trash folder
- large article
- article with attachments
- Verify for one of the above scenarios, delete works using the Delete context menu item
- Verify for one of the above scenarios, delete works using the drag n drop to the trash
- Verify you can Cancel news articles using the following, the
canceled message is removed from the newsgroup (Note, you can only
cancel News messages that you posted).
- large article
- article with attachments
- Verify for one of the above scenarios using the Cancel context menu item
- Verify for one of the above scenarios, cancel works using the drag n drop to the trash