You are here: Browser/Composer front-end test plans > Bookmarks
Feature Test Plan
5.0 SeamonkeyProject - Browser User Interface - Bookmarks
|Date||Change Description||Revision||Updated By|
|12/18/1998||First Draft||0.5||Claudius Gayle|
|05/14/1999||Updating to match available specs||1.0||Claudius Gayle|
|06/12/1999||editorial corrections and tweaks||1.01||Claudius Gayle|
|09/03/1999||Quasi-finalization, added bookmarks menu treatment||1.1||Claudius Gayle|
|10/22/1999||Cleanup for public presentation||1.11||Claudius Gayle|
|11/29/2001||Updated for Netscape6.2/Mozilla 0.9.4||1.2||Claudius Gayle|
The QA contact for these features isClaudius Gayle
Test Case Management Usage
The detailed test cases for this feature can be found by accessing the Bookmarks Test Matrix
- Major Area: Browser
- Minor Area: UI
- Category: Bookmarks
Bookmarks and History are closely linked to each other. Much of the same technology(RDF) is used to develop both, they often appear together in the UI, and many of their features depend on each other. At this juncture I have chosen to create separate Feature Test Plans for each but I recommend perusing the History Feature Test Plan as well.
Bookmarks appear or are accesible from within the browser via four mechanisms or entry points: the top level Bookmarks menu, a popup menu within the Personal Toolbar, as a tab for MySidebar, and as a standalone window. The standalone window will be accessed via a menu item (Bookmarks|Manage Bookmarks).
This Feature Test Plan is designed from a functional testing perspective as are the tests that result from it. Therefore, outlined here are the many tasks that a user should be able to perform via the Bookmarks functionality. They will each, roughly, correspond to a functional test.
Bookmarks related tasks to be tested (in Manage Bookmarks view)
- Verify additon of bookmarks.
- Edit the URL of a bookmark.
- View item/bookmark properties.
- Edit properties.
- Edit url.
- Check for update to boomarked page.
- Clicking a link opens the correct page in the current window or a new one.
- Delete bookmarks (single, multiple, and folders).
- Drag&Drop to rearrange the order of items.
- Drag&Drop to manipulate the hierarchy of items.
- Drag&Drop to move items in/out of data pane view.
- Folder creation.
- Opening and closing containers(folders).
- Separator creation.
- Blank item creation.
- New bookmark creation.
- Add current page.
- Import .
- Export .
- View multiple columns.
- Sort by columns, in particular the "Name" column.
- Marquee selection (to select multiple items at one time).
- Cut, Copy, and Paste.
- Subscribe to off-line viewing.
- Add Bookmark menuitem.
- Manage bookmarks menuitem
- Verify added bookmark appears.
- 'Personal Bookmarks' submenu exists and is functional.
- 'Personal Toolbar' submenu exists and is functional?
- Surf all hardcoded links.
- Added folders appear.
- Proper hierarchy.
- Bookmarks list reflects Bookmarks View sort???
Tasks that will be tested elsewhere
- Contextual menu features.
- Drag&Drop external to the Bookmarks view context, i.e. D&D's that do not commence and terminate in Bookmarks view. (Possible exceptions, refer to Drag&Drop feature test plan)
- Sidebar bookmarks testing will be limited to verifying that added bookmarks appear in the Sidebar.
Won't Test/At Risk (seeking community contributions)
- Changing bookmarks location.
- Manipulating IE Favorites (soon to be unsupported).
- Bookmarks scheduling and notification(soon to be deprecated).