You are here: Test Case Matrix for Bookmarks > Test Case Description for self-drop
Test Case Description for self-drop
This basic testcase is designed to verify that bookmarks and folders can't be dropped onto themselves, an immediate parent container or any child container.
- You must have a bookmarks file.
- To promote consistency, you may choose to use the default set of Netscape Seamonkey Bookmarks, which I use. I have also provided the default Mozilla bookmarks file.
- You also have the option to use this very large bookmarks file.
- You must also customize your sidebar to include a bookmarks panel.
- As part of your bookmarks file you need a folder (lets' call it folder "A") that contains bookmarks and another folder (let's call this folder "A1" (read Asub1)) that contains bookmarks as well.
- Select Bookmarks|Manage Bookmarks.
- Select folder A1 then drag&drop it onto or within itself
- Select folder A1 then drag&drop it onto or within folder A.
- Select folder A then drag&drop it onto or within folder A1.
- Select a bookmark within folder A1 and drop it onto folder A1.
- Nothing should happen! No bookmark or folder should be moved in any of these cases. Ideally, one should see the International symbol for "No" cursor.