You are here: Test Case Matrix for Bookmarks > Test Case Description for paste-into-folder
Test Case Description for paste-into-folder
This basic testcase is designed to verify that pasting into containers works properly.
- You must have a bookmarks file.
- To promote consistency, you may choose to use the default set of Netscape Seamonkey Bookmarks, which I use. I have also provided the default Mozilla bookmarks file.
- You also have the option to use this very large bookmarks file.
- You must also customize your sidebar to include a bookmarks panel.
- Select Bookmarks|Manage Bookmarks.
- Select any item.
- Select Edit|Copy.
- Select any closed folder.
- Select Edit|Paste.
- Select any open folder (open a folder).
- Select Edit|Paste
- Repeat steps(2-7) using the same folder for step(2), step(4) and step(6) ie paste a folder into itself.
- All items should paste below a closed folder.
- All items except the identical folder should paste into an open folder.
- Pasting a folder into itself should not be allowed (*Communicator 4.x allows this).
- Newly pasted items should appear in the 4 standard locations.