You are here: Test Case Matrix for Bookmarks > Test Case Description for create-folder
Test Case Description for create-folder
This basic testcase is designed to verify that folders are properly created and inserted into the bookmarks hierarchy.
- You must have a bookmarks file.
- To promote consistency, you may choose to use the default set of Netscape Seamonkey Bookmarks, which I use. I have also provided the default Mozilla bookmarks file.
- You also have the option to use this very large bookmarks file.
- You must also customize your sidebar to include a bookmarks panel.
- Select Bookmarks|Manage Bookmarks.
- Select any item in your list. Select File|New Folder. Click "OK" in the dialog that appears.
- Select the folder you just created. Select File|New Folder. Click "OK" in the dialog that appears.
- Double-click the folder you just created. Select File|New Folder. Click "OK" in the dialog that appears.
- For step (2) a folder named "New Folder" should have been created and added just below the item you had selected. That item could be a bookmark, a folder, or a separator.
- For step (3) the folder should have again been created below the item (New Folder). In step (4) however, the folder should be created inside the previous folder.
- All of the newly created folders should appear with the correct hierarchical structure in the toplevel bookmarks menu, the bookmarks popup on the personal toolbar, the bookmarks panel in the sidebar, and of course the manage bookmarks window.