NSS 3.3.2 Release Notes
12 December 2001
IntroductionNetwork Security Services (NSS) 3.3.2 is a patch release for NSS 3.3. Please refer to the NSS 3.3 Release Notes for the common information. The bug fixes in NSS 3.3.2 are described in the "Bugs Fixed" section below.
Distribution InformationThe CVS tag for the NSS 3.3.2 release is NSS_3_3_2_RTM.
NSS 3.3.2 source and binary distributions are also available on ftp.mozilla.org for anonymous ftp download:
- Source tarballs: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/NSS_3_3_2_RTM/src/.
- Binary distributions: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/NSS_3_3_2_RTM/. Both debug and optimized builds are provided. Go to the subdirectory for your platform, DBG (debug) or OPT (optimized), to get the tar.gz or zip file. The tar.gz or zip file expands to an nss-3.3.2 directory containing three subdirectories:
- include - NSS header files
- lib - NSS shared libraries
- bin - NSS Tools and test programs
Bugs FixedNSS 3.3.2 contains all the bug fixes in NSS 3.3.1. In addition, the following bugs have been fixed in NSS 3.3.2.
Here is the list of build-related bugs.
Bug 74226: NSS needs to double check RSA signatures. Bug 95264: Incorrect smime perl script usage for message decoding. Bug 95666: ImportDERPublicKey assigns CK_KEY_TYPE to pubkey->type. Bug 95989: certdb/genname.c: cert_CompareNameWithConstraints handles certURI case incorrectly. Bug 96626: Use /dev/urandom if possible. Bug 102543: Cannot decode all recipients in CMS structure. Bug 103893: nickname is not NULL-terminated. Bug 105185: bug in ultraSparc Montgomery multiplication code. Bug 106526: N620 Problems with SSL with FIPS enabled. [@ PK11_DestroyContext]. Bug 107593: Memory Leak in NSS (PK 11). Bug 107619: new TLS DHE_ ciphersuites are enabled by default. No bug number: Allocate memory when setting digest value. (mozilla/security/nss/lib/smime/cmssigdata.c, revision 22.214.171.124)
Bug 77788: PSM2: non-debug freebl build fails on Solaris. Bug 99072: Always set 'CPU_ARCH=x86'. Bug 103933: freebl/loader.c is compiled with the -xchip=ultra2 flag. Bug 106379: NSS Fails to build under ARM Linux.
DocumentationFor a list of the primary NSS documentation pages on mozilla.org, see NSS Documentation. New and revised documents available since the release of NSS 3.3.1 include the following:
- Build Instructions for NSS 3.3.2 describe the new NSS 3.3.2 CVS tag and other minor changes since NSS 3.3.1.
CompatibilityNSS 3.3.2 shared libraries are backward compatible with NSS 3.3.1, NSS 3.3, and NSS 3.2.x shared libraries. A program linked with NSS 3.3.1, NSS 3.3, or 3.2.x shared libraries will work with NSS 3.3.2 shared libraries without recompiling or relinking. Furthermore, applications that restrict their use of NSS APIs to the functions listed in NSS 3.3 Public Functions will remain compatible with future versions of the NSS shared libraries.
FeedbackBugs discovered should be reported by filing a bug report with bugzilla (product NSS).
You can also give feedback directly to the developers on the IRC channel #mozcrypto on the server irc.mozilla.org.