NSS 3.3.1 Release Notes
9 November 2001
IntroductionNetwork Security Services (NSS) 3.3.1 is a patch release for NSS 3.3. Please refer to the NSS 3.3 Release Notes for the common information. The bug fixes in NSS 3.3.1 are described in the "Bugs Fixed" section below.
Distribution InformationThe CVS tag for the NSS 3.3.1 release is NSS_3_3_1_RTM.
NSS 3.3.1 source and binary distributions are also available on ftp.mozilla.org for anonymous ftp download:
- Source tarballs: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/NSS_3_3_1_RTM/src/.
- Binary distributions: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/NSS_3_3_1_RTM/. Both debug and optimized builds are provided. Go to the subdirectory for your platform, DBG (debug) or OPT (optimized), to get the tar.gz or zip file. The tar.gz or zip file expands to an nss-3.3.1 directory containing three subdirectories:
- include - NSS header files
- lib - NSS shared libraries
- bin - NSS Tools and test programs
Bugs FixedHere is the list of the bugs that have been fixed in the NSS 3.3.1 release.
The following bug is only of interest to those who use the NSS binary distributions in /share/builds/components at iPlanet.
Bug 95135: DSA private key storage/retrieval not working for certain public key values. Bug 95150: PK11_DeleteTokenCertAndKey does not delete key. Bug 109592: SECU_GetModulePassword() returns wrong data in case of PW_PLAINTEXT. Bug 80416: Regression in ASN1 Decoder. Bug 83593: stress test fails on orville. (On some HP-UX 11.00 systems, client-side secure PR_Write sometimes fails with the error code PR_NOT_CONNECTED_ERROR.) Bug 90228: Signtool not picking up hidden (dot) files when performing signing.
Bug 101965: NSS forte 6 build contains workshop 4 and 5 objects.
DocumentationFor a list of the primary NSS documentation pages on mozilla.org, see NSS Documentation. New and revised documents available since the release of NSS 3.3 include the following:
- Build Instructions for NSS 3.3.1 describe the new NSS 3.3.1 CVS tag and other minor changes since NSS 3.3.
CompatibilityNSS 3.3.1 shared libraries are backward compatible with NSS 3.3 and NSS 3.2.x shared libraries. A program linked with NSS 3.3 or 3.2.x shared libraries will work with NSS 3.3.1 shared libraries without recompiling or relinking. Furthermore, applications that restrict their use of NSS APIs to the functions listed in NSS 3.3 Public Functions will remain compatible with future versions of the NSS shared libraries.
FeedbackBugs discovered should be reported by filing a bug report with bugzilla (product NSS).
You can also give feedback directly to the developers on the IRC channel #mozcrypto on the server irc.mozilla.org.