Mozilla Languages Enabling ProjectsContact: Frank Tang < firstname.lastname@example.org >
Discussion: email@example.com or netscape.public.mozilla.i18n
Last Updated: June 2, 1998
Purpose Of This Page
We gather open source developers to enhance Mozilla internationalization features by:
- Enabling Mozilla to support additional scripts/writing systems.
- Add additional feature to the already supported scripts/writing system.
- Tune the performance of the internationalization library code.
- Develope new code to overcome the limitation of the underline OS internationalization support.
- Fix I18N bugs
Related Documents: (You may need to read these first)
- Mozilla Internationalization & Localization Guidelines
- Main page about Mozilla internationalization.
- Mozilla Community
- Information about how to sign up mozilla-i18n (and other) mailling list or newsgroup. Read this page before you send email to the mailling list.
- How To Add Additional Charset Support
- Information about what need be done (at least) to support additional script/writing system or charset to Mozilla source. Read this after you download and build the Mozilla source code.
- Mozilla localization projects
- Some people are working on translating Mozilla User Interfaces into different languages. You could find their activity at this Mozilla localization projects page.
- The Cathedral and the Bazaar
- If you do not understand how open source development will work, read this page first.
- Schedule, Developers, In/out list
- Schedule of this project, Owners of feature, People may willing to help, Draft In/Out List for 5.0 freeze
- Non-English Mozilla Discussion Area
- A list of non-English website,mailling list, newsgroup which discuss Mozilla related issue.
- Credit Page
- A page give credit to people contribute patches.
- Old Project page updated April 30, 1998
- The old project page which still have some valide information.