Sunday August 10, 2003 (Status Update #211)
This status update page is updated approximately once a week. To get news in between these updates, you are invited to check out MozillaZine, a site devoted to Mozilla news and advocacy.
- A new Bookmark Properties checkbox allows any bookmark to be set to load in the sidebar.
However, the primary way for users to create new sidebar bookmarks is via specially constructed
links on webpages (support is offered for both the
addPanelAPI and Opera's
rel="sidebar"method for adding panels to the Hotlist). A link that has a
target="_search"attribute (named for compatibility with Internet Explorer) will be loaded into the sidebar without being bookmarked. The Page Holder (similar to the feature of the same name found in Internet Explorer 5 for Mac) has been removed but may return (either as part of the default build or as an extension).
- It is now possible to disable plug-ins for certain file types. This causes files of these types to be handled by helper applications or downloaded, rather than being passed to plug-ins. Note that this does not affect plug-ins embedded directly into a page.
- Mozilla Firebird now has an Advanced panel in the Options dialog, containing preferences for features like smooth scrolling and automatic image resizing.
- Support for alternative stylesheets has been added.
- 'Send Page...', 'Send Link...' and 'Send Image...' menu items have been implemented, invoking the system default mail client (available on Windows, Mac OS X and OS/2) (bug 173954).
- Many Mac OS X bugs have been fixed and Firebird now integrates better with that operating system.
The first post-0.1 build of Mozilla Thunderbird has been released. See Scott MacGregor's posting to the MozillaZine Forums for what's new and a list of known issues.
An experimental test build of Mozilla Sunbird for Windows is now available. Sunbird is a standalone version of Mozilla Calendar.
Thanks to a partnership with E-FLO, Mozilla CDs will soon be available.
Downloading IMAP message bodies (bug 214245) and newsgroup messages (bug 214525) should now be much faster.
By setting hidden preferences, it is possible to specify that additional headers (such as X-No-archive: yes) should be added to every message (bug 61520).
The trunk is currently frozen for Mozilla 1.5 Beta. Check tinderbox for the latest status.