Monday August 4, 2003 (Status Update #210)
This status update page is updated approximately once a week. To get news in between these updates, you are invited to check out MozillaZine, a site devoted to Mozilla news and advocacy.
The first milestone of mozilla.org's standalone mail and newsgroups application, Mozilla Thunderbird 0.1, has been released. Improvements over the Mozilla Application Suite's Mail & Newsgroups component include customizable toolbars, a vertical three-pane main window configuration and a Contacts address selector panel in the message composition window.
- Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1, a minor release intended to fix several critical issues from Firebird 0.6, is now available. Changes include a fix for the autocomplete crash bug, rich text editing support and a new application icon. The Firebird Roadmap outlines the work that needs to be done before 1.0 can be released.
- Two experimental test builds of Mozilla Firebird are now available from ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firebird/nightly/experimental. The first build features some enhancements to the Password Manager backend, while the second has changes to the download handling and helper application functionality. Both builds are experimental and for testing purposes only. There may be a risk of data loss, particularly with the Password Manager build.
- Work on the Page Holder and Sidebar Bookmarks features (previously both known as Web Panels) is progressing. Support for the Mozilla Application Suite Sidebar tab API will be added in the future.
Mozilla Calendar/Mozilla Sunbird
- An experimental Linux build of Mozilla Sunbird is available for testing purposes only. Bugs should be reported to the netscape.public.mozilla.calendar newsgroup rather than Bugzilla at this point.
- A new XPI of Mozilla Calendar for Windows has been released.
It is now possible to make donations to the Mozilla Foundation using checks. See the new donations page for more details.
- The spellchecker is now turned on in the default builds (bug 56301).
- The spellchecker now skips quoted text in plain text message composition, as well as HTML message composition (bug 201866).
Mark Messages Read by Date
It is now possible to mark messages read by date (bug 16967).
The trunk is currently open (but check tinderbox for the latest status).
Independent Status Reports
Third party updates from Tuesday 29th July are now available.