maintained by Tim Rowley <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Last Updated Thursday July 11, 2002
This status update page is updated every
week. To get updates and news throughout the
week you are invited to check out mozillaZine
a site devoted to Mozilla advocacy.
Disclaimer: this status is only for the mailnews contributors inside Netscape;
other development work has been going on. Non-Netscape mail-news contributors
are encouraged to send their status reports directly to <email@example.com>.
- Continued creating Meta bugs for Buffy (Import,
Window, Drag and Drop,
- Started looking into Spam solutions.
- Fixed a number of regressions involving forward inline and edit as
draft on the trunk and branch.
- Started investigating mail and installer changes for Win XP Service
- Marked as fixed1.0.1 5
bugzilla bugs on the branch.
- Resolved as fixed 12
bugzilla bug on the trunk
- Worked on a case where exporting and reimporting a .tab address book
- Started looking into the fact that we couldn't print some mail messages
with attachments until Rod came up with the fix.
- Created a meta bug for
mail accessibility bugs.
- Has a patch for making the smiley dropdown accessible through the
- Has a fix to disable File Save As when there are multiple messages
- Has a fix to make it so that the compose window title gets updated
when text is pasted into the subject field.
- Fixed offline move of imap messages when delete model is
delete immediately on the trunk.
- Fixed a crash selecting folder while delete of messages in a local
folder is still in process on the trunk and branch.
- Helped track down a bug where exporting and reimporting a .tab address
book file failed.
- Fixed a bug where you'd either get a crash or error message when
trying to forward inline a message from a folder with a space in the name.
- Backed out part of the fix for 137071 in order to fix a few regressions.
- Came up with a fix to enable encryption when doing forward inline.
- Posted a patch for making it so that mailing list names don't get
changed even after hitting the cancel button.
- Worked with Ninoschka, in figuring out the problems with simple MAPI
- Worked with Ninoschka and Seth, in figuring out why tab/text export/import
- Made it so that the setup recapture dialog doesn't assume browser.startup.homepage
- Tested and landed patch submitted by Henry.Jia@sun.com for bugzilla
(SIMS IMAP: migration causes imap folders to be copied to local mail folder).
- Attended an XBL security review. Came away with a couple XBL investigations.
- Made advanced search and advanced ab search work again on trunk.
- Made folder pretty name show up on the compose send progress dialog.
This fixes a localization problem.
- Fixed a dataloss bug and and made it so we throw an alert on moving
msgs to local folder when we have insufficient disk space on trunk.
- Created a meta bug for
drag and drop
- Fixed it so that IMAP drafts folder are created when saving Drafts
when the user doesn't have a Drafts folder on the branch.
- Implemented the PC Manager class for the Palm conduit that interacts
with Mozilla using the MAPI infrastructure.
- Implemented the code to convert the conduit data to MSCOM required
data structs and make the calls.
- Wrote a draft document on Organized View of Mail for easier to manage
and browsing mails
- Got GCC 3.1 plugin patch to work with RealPlayer also; awaiting review.
- Joined spam-filtering discussion in n.p.m.mail-news
- Tracked down and fixed bogus message-filter misses on Message-Id
and Content-Type: charset=
Roger is investigating JS2/SpiderMonkey metadata structures.
David Bradley is pruning his bug list, and has made great headway on bug
98811 (Remove GPL and LGPLed libIDL code from tree)
Waldemar continues his ECMA standardization work.
Phil continues triaging, and creation of test cases (bug
Kenton reviewed patches for Bug
155289 and 155291
Continuing JS2 work - reviewing existing metadata structures in light of
move to SpiderMonkey.
RegExp & other bug reviews.
Completed most of the testing bug
98811 removing glib and libidl source
Continued working the untargetted list to get its count down.
Performed reviews, and general bug investigation/triage.
Talking with Jud, about my group's contributions to Gecko 2.0
Plans for next week
Continuing JS2 Metadata - explore SpiderMonkey low level changes.
Help get bug
98811 put to bed.
Work on XPConnect doc.
Continue getting untargetted bugs targetted
More Gecko 2.0 planning & estimation
- Doug covering for the whole team! Including Gagan :-) Thanks Doug!
- Published a paper entitled "XPCOM Component Reuse and the Glue
Library" and made it available to the public at
- Discussing library versioning with Blizzard and Valeski.
- Reviews of windows autodialer stuff.
- Landed some of pavlov's bugs on the branch.
- Bug Triaging.
- Pav is back and promises a report from his conference soon.
Plans for next week