- Doug's contributing a 3-4% startup improvement! Converted XPCOM to use a flat file instead of libreg.
- ton of bugs getting squished by darin and doug.
- landed patch for bug 133286 (trunk/1.0) - Windows Media Player in full-page plugin mode may not repaint window
- landed partial fix for bug 140472 (trunk) - No escape for non ASCII host name
- landed additional fix for bug 146094 (trunk/1.0) - Stealing third-party cookies through a proxy
- participated in an in-depth security review of the cookie module with morse and dveditz.
- held a security review of HTTP auth with folks on the security review team.
- landed patch for bug 140107 (1.0) - HTTP headers show in frame [when server pipelines chunked responses]
- landed patch for bug 147333 (1.0) - Cannot load local files whose names contain Japanese/Chinese characters
- developed patch for bug 144533 - Progress and Status change messages causing up to 30% overhead.
- reviewed patches, triaged bugs
- 3-4% startup improvement! Converted XPCOM to use a flat file instead of libreg.
- Landed a bunch of fixes to the branch: 149745 148918 149715 149730 149754 129959.
- spent much time tracking down a smoketest bug 152383 - Mac OS 9 stub and Full installer fails to launch app after install. Turned out to be some mac os 9 packaging problem.
- Investing the risk of freezing nsIProxiedProtocolHandler and nsIProxyInfo.
- Started a discussion about compiler application binary interfaces (ABI), compiler upgrading, and the incompatiblity caos that an upgrade may (will) cause. Sounds like a GCC upgrader is finally close enough to start really worrying.
- checked in fix for bug 148879 for email@example.com on the branch and trunk.
- Finished up search through of my bug list for urgent bugs. Beginning bug triage in bugzilla.
Plans for next week
- finish off patch for bug 144533
- starting vacation on wednesday!!
- I will be attending the Ottawa Linux Symposium starting Tuesday June 25 and will return on July 3. I will be available via email in case you need to urgently contact me.
Waldemar attended the Mac Hack conference, and delivered a paper on JS2.
Roger did planing for JS2.
Phil did much triage work (which has gotten harder since Boris Zbarsky
is now an intern here with his own neat assignments, and so now no longer
is an outside contributor who has given so much help to Phil in the past)).
Phil also did major testing on Roger's new Regular Expression changes for
the Rhino engine.
David was on vacation.
Kenton reviewed and checked 14044 into trunk.
Rhino RegExp fixes completed and tested (finally).
JS2 strategizing - examining CLR, Rhino as targets.
Began investigation of code coverage tool.
Bugzilla reviewing & tweaking.
Plans for next week
Finalize JS2 decision, begin work.
SpiderMonkey RegExp tweaking & reviewing.
Code coverage tool.
letter to chief architects about JS2
Disclaimer: this status is only for the mailnews contributors inside Netscape;
other development work has been going on. Non-Netscape mail-news contributors
are encouraged to send their status reports directly to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Fixed a bug where making changes to cards in a mailing list didn't update
the mailing list, potentially causing misaddressing.
- Made it so return receipts work with messages > 50KB
- Made news servers show up in the Account Wizard when autosubscribing.
This was a top customization bug fix request.
- Fixed a bug where attachments weren't showing up in some Mac IMAP messages.
- Made it so you can save messages on the Mac.
- Landed the ability to preconfigure and lock mail accounts and directories
on the branch.
- Fixed a number of LDAP bugs.
- Gave a design review for Palm Sync.
- Importing an LDIF address book no longer hangs the app on the branch.
- Fixed a newsgroup topcrash on the branch.
- Mark newsgroup read from the folder pane context menu now acts on
the correct folder on the branch.
- Made the progress bar in the installer look less choppy on the branch.
- Landed the fix to make the mail notification icon in the sys tray
show up properly on the trunk and branch.
- Fixed a bug where you could make changes to a card
in a mailing list but not have the mailing list updated so that you could
accidentally misaddress an email.
- Made it so that when a new card dialog is launched from Select
Addresses dialog an address book is selected.
- Made it so the dropdown list box for per-identity ldap server
prefs is usable. It was previously too small to see any choices.
- Made the registry setting for simple MAPI the same for both
the client and the installer
- Made it so we can lock and preconfigure ldap directory prefs
on the branch.
- Worked on "Compose" button needs a sub-button, so can force html or
plain text compose.
- Worked on Mail Compose: Toolbar buttons should have dropdown menus.
- Fixed a regression in biff notification on the trunk where notifications
were getting fired every time you hit GetNewMail
- Made it so that we cannot delete special folders using Edit | Delete
folder on trunk.
- Made mdn work for large imap messages on trunk. David suggested the
- Fixed a regression unable to copy mail to local folders after sending
mail (in some cases) on trunk.
- Investigated a bug where replying to message won't show up in your
inbox until you have more than one incoming msg. Found out that this is
a server issue.
- Made help buttons work in different part of mailnews & beyond
on trunk and branch.
- Checked in a fix to send and copy mail to imap folder without subscribe
error alert on branch.
- Checked in a fix to make news server show up in the account wizard
after running auto-subscribe url on branch.
- Checked in a fix to prevent corrupting of filter file on adding new
filter on branch
- Checked in fixes for docs team on trunk & branch.
- Performed code and design reviews.
- Made it so you can save messages on Mac.
- Fixed an incorrect check of PR_Malloc failure in nsMsgHeaderParser::ReformatUnquotedAddresses.
Patch submitted by email@example.com
- Fixed typos in menu in Mail & Newsgroups and view message windows.
Patch submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fixed a case where Microsoft Word attachments weren't appearing for
the recipient on the Mac.
- Made it so that URLs surrounded by < > are not omitted in forwarded
plain text messages.
- Removed "From - ..." line in saved and forwarded mails (Mozilla's
eml is regarded as virus by Trend Micro ScanMail)
- Worked with Kaie on Replies to or forwarding S/MIME encrypted mail
should default to encrypt
- Polished L10n notes and increased the flexibility on the summary
- Made it so we can preconfigure and lock mail accounts on the branch.
- Added workaround so that older versions of Mozilla will not erase
LDAP bind DN from the prefs (on the trunk.
- If authentication fails during LDAP autocomplete, bring up a new password
dialog rather than showing an obscure error message on both trunk and branch.
- Fix incorrect array length calculation + add temporary variable to
avoid scoping issue which was causing bogus text to appear in the LDAP auth
dialog on linux on both trunk and branch.
- Fixed a bug where the first match was not pre selected when multiple
matches are present in directory on the branch.
- Added support for binary LDAP attributes on the branch.
- Completed the detail design for Moz AB HotSync and its documentation
- Gave design presentation and review for Moz AB HotSync
- Started implementation of the MozAB HotSync :
- defined the data structure and functions for Conduit and Mozilla
interaction by extending the nsIMapi interface
- implemented the Mozilla record class in the Conduit and its methods
to convert Moz card to Palm record
- Made it so that the LDAP modules are installed with the browser instead
of with Mail
Waldemar integrated the changes from the last ECMA meeting into the standard.
Kenton continues working on patches and reviews for JS 1.5
Phil continues his great triage work
David Bradley has fixed some branch update issue, for is COMconnect work
for the AOL client folks.
Roger has been doing Regular Expression work.
Still working the untargetted list (Mainly trying to track down some of
the GC crashes that still occur)
Started reviewing/testing the libidl/glib Mac removal changes that CLS
Pulled COM Connect code, fixed broken branch issues
New bug triage and investigation
Integrated changes from last ECMA meeting into the website documentation.
Triage of incoming bugs Investigating bug
150906 Added testcases for bug
154338 Filed bug
154508 Testing the new Rhino RegExp engine
I sent out a mail to the chief architects, with my position on JS2 implementation,
and asked for comments.
Plans for next week
- 125689 Mozinvaders crashes Mozilla! [@ nsGrid::FindRowsAndColumns]
- 144763 tolerate do_QueryReferent() returning null - M100 N70PR1 [@nsXULPrototypeScript::Compile]
- 134724 nsIOService::~nsIOService => nsIOService::SetOffline Getting service @mozilla.org/observer-service;1 on shutdown. - M100 N70PR1 [@nsThreadPool::Shutdown]
- 125411 Getting Mozilla to run on Nubus Macs
- annoying silly debug asserts:
- 125090 Parser Bad tag enum passed to CNavDTD::IntTagToStringTag()!!: 'str_ptr',
- xbl form controls:
- 138019 radio form control images should have flex="1"
- cleaning out duplicate lines:
- works in progress:
- ns_shutdownxpcom usage errors
- live skin switching crashes
- live locale switching
- fixing xpconnect components
- strict warnings (long list waiting for sr)
A lot of fixes have gone into the calendar
(http://mozilla.org/projects/calendar) lately, here's a partial list:
- To Do Events. You can now add to do items to the calendar. They only
in the left hand side. You can double click on them to edit them, you
can't yet delete them.
- Minor front end bug fixes, including a close item under File, Import
/ Export moved to Tools to match other Mozilla applications, red text
for overdue to do events, strike through text for completed to do
events, and a fix for repeating events at the end of the month.
Work has also been going on to attach files to calendar events. The
front end for this is already done, using the same code as they have for
mail attachments. The backend code to encode and read in the files is
not yet done, so this isn't part of this build. But its coming soon.
Also, there should be some work done on integrating contacts into the
calendar very shortly. We should have something done by the end of the
- Started implementing Palm Pilot sync.
- Fixed a number of critical bugs involving moving folders.
- Fixed a regression where you couldn't forward inline from a folder with
a space in the name.
- Fixed an ldif import dataloss bug.
- Fixed a regression where we weren't creating Drafts or Template folders
for IMAP users.
- Started creating Meta bugs for the next version (Import, Feedback, and
- Marked as fixed1.0.1 11
bugzilla bugs on the branch.
- Resolved as fixed 23
bugzilla bugs on the trunk
- Fixed a bug on the trunk where a blank sidebar appeared when opening
- Made it so you can go back in the import dialog when selecting importing
- Fixed an ldif import bug where it was possible to lose a card's email
- Created a meta bug for
Import polish and correctness bugs.
- Worked on implementing the "Find" feature in LDAP properties dialog.
The feature is to find the base dns on the server and display it to the user.
This will make it easier to setup ldap server.
- Posted a new patch for making an ldap directory show up immediately
in the addressbook when added in preferences.
- Has a partial patch for the bug where opening a "*.eml" attachment
displays the attachment in raw text instead of opening an email message window.
- Fixed a bug where Microsoft Word attachments don't appear for recipient
on the Mac on the branch.
- Made it so you can forward inline from folder w/a space in name on
- Made it so that when signing/encrypting certificate is pre-configured
we provide the ability to lock associated elements in Security Panel on the
- Worked on mail regressions on Mac OS X.
- Helped SUN folks with a migration bug - Enabling sharing IMAP &
Local mail folders with 4.x profile instead of copying.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't move non-ascii imap subfolders on trunk
- Made drag and drop of imap folders (non-ascii names) to local folders
work on trunk and branch.
- Fixed a dataloss bug on moving local folders with insufficient disk
space on trunk and branch.
- Fixed a problem where filter editor/rules dialog appears truncated
until manually resized on trunk
- Fixed a regression where you can't save as draft/templates when there
in no drafts/templates folder for imap accts on trunk
- Fixed a problem where Local Folders pretty names doesn't show up
on window title on trunk
- Checked in a fix to prevent dataloss on compacting local folders while
summary file is being regenerated and compact local folders w/o uptodate
summary files on branch.
- Checked in a fix where returning to folder view after doing QuickSearch
would not show scrollbar on branch
- Made MDN work for large imap messages on branch
- Made special folders non-deletable using Edit | Delete folder on
- Made unable to save sent messages on some platforms work again on
- Made it so the Sending mail window isn't too long if the attachment's
url is long.
- Has a fix for making messages in the Unsent Messages folder open in
a compose window.
- Working with bryner on allowing multiple selection of files when adding
attachments to the compose window.
- Working with Ben Goodger on making it so that dragging a mailto url
to the compose window strips the "mailto:"
- Has a fix to change "Account Settings" to "Identity Settings" to differentiate
the identities panel from other panels.
- Created a meta bug to
track compose window polish and correctness bugs.
- Implemented code to convert Palm record to Moz card and tested it
- Implemented the Category class and tested it
- Implemented the Handheld manager class and tested it
- Implemented code to retrieve categories from handheld
- Implemented code to retrieve updated data from handheld
- Implemented code to retrieve all Palm records in a category
- Implemented code to update categories in handheld
- Implemented code to update Palm records in the handheld
- Created a meta bug to
track feedback issues.
- Worked on fix for making existing flashplayer plugin work on gcc 3.1
builds on Linux (bug 154206). This is a small step on the road to moving
Linux builds to a faster compiler/optimizer.
- Fixed a bug where using the compose window made it so that we had
focus issues in the 3 pane on the branch.