- bug fixing and triaging continues.
- fixed bug 136210 (trunk/1.0.1) - cannot view any https urls when memory cache size is set to 0
- fixed bug 100595 (1.0.1) - crash [@ nsMultiMixedConv::FindToken] [was: sandiegozoo.org - this site crashes the browser, every time]
- fixed bug 136956 (1.0.1) - HTTP preferences panel needs to control proxy settings as well
- fixed bug 145382 (1.0.1) - cleanup 'HTTP Networking' prefs panel
- fixed bug 60811 (1.0.1) - [RFE] User should be able to force HTTP proxy transactions to use HTTP/1.0 exclusively.
- fixed bug 144442 (1.0.1) - Cannot Load TDWaterhouse webbanking login page
- attended friday security review meeting
- finalized patch for bug 147333 - Cannot load local files whose names contain Japanese/Chinese characters (just waiting for checkin approval)
- reviewed patches
- triaged bugs
- Fixed a M1RC3 top crash in nsLocalFile::GetPath. Bug 147665.
- Attend second security review meeting.
- Reviewed DP's improvements to the recycling allocator.
- Fixed top crash in nsFileTransport::Process [nsFileTransport.cpp, line 753] and the "move-email-crash-issue". Bug 107214
- Investigated the topcrasher 142847 Trunk crashes launching mail [@ nsBufferedInputStream::Fill] [@ MSVCRT.DLL | msvcrt.dll - nsBufferedInputStream::Read]. Ben's fix doesn't completely solve the problem. See my posting in the bug.
- Spent time responding to dp's comments on bug 48888.
- Spend some time on a secret hack.
- Bug Triaging. Much bug triaging.
Plans for next week
- more bug fixing, triaging, reviewing, etc.
- Fixed a case where the thread pane had a different message selected
than the message pane was showing.
- LDAP authentication landed on the branch.
- Open Link in New Window works in the standalone message window.
- Can now disable plugins and block images from server in mail.
- Landed the fix for a case where the message pane wasn't showing the
- Fixed a hang when importing an ldif address book.
- Checked into the branch the fix for allowing you to enter your password
again if you entered it incorrectly the first time and had checked remember
- Worked on a topcrash in MsgKeySet.
- Looked into View All Headers hang and handed it off to Shuehan
- Looked into problems with context menus in the standalone message
window and handed it off to Sean.
- Fixed the default size of the mail 3 pane on the branch. The usability
tests showed that it was too small.
- Made "Open Link in New Window" work in the standalone message window.
Also fixed other issues with the context menu.
- Helped Cavin with topcrash in nsMsgKeySet on the branch
- Checked in rest of fix for disabling move/delete in readonly folders
on the trunk.
- Fixed a bug where we were erasing the compose window's message
contents after using main menu item: Search the Web
- Got mail smoketests working and running on lhasa.
- Added a pref to disable plugins while displaying a message
- Made block image from server available in mail client
- Fixed the bug where every other time Composer opens, cursor is not
in address field
- Made it so we recognize mailing lists (as bcc) in Templates/Draft
- Fixed certain cases where scrollbar was missing upon returning to
folder view after doing quick search.
- Fixed a subscribe error alerts when sending and copying mail msgs
to imap sent folder w/o launching mailnews.
- Fixed regressions(no mail counter, could not stop download etc) on
pop3 automatic downloading on biff.
- Posted a patch for creating the same registry keys from the installer
and the client for simple MAPI settings.
- Posted a patch for pre-configuration of ldap server prefs.
- Looked into the details of Palm Conduit Framework
- Looked into the details of the 4x conduit code
- Continued working on the Palm-Mozilla AB sync detail design
- Started working on a simple prototype with a basic conduit and a
call into Mozilla AB to open an AB Mork DB in the Mozilla process space from
the conduit in the Palm HotSync Manager process space.
- Checked in LDAP auth patch to 1.0x branch
- Got first cut at patch for LDAP autocomplete automatic selection bug
- Made a couple review passes through LDAP certificate fetching patch
- checked in new biff icon from UE into the trunk
- Mozilla security review meetings
- Patch for Mail Account preconfiguration and locking is under review.
- On Vacation
At the ECMA 4 (JS 2) meeting, hosted at Netscape, the language was simplified
by removing operator overriding. Also, the committee resolved form a sub-group
to investigate XScript (proposed by BEA, Inc.)
David Bradley continued to massage his bug list, and served as sheriff
on Wednesday (Thank You David!)
Kenton has done reviews for bugs.
Roger finished his Regular Expression port to Rhino, and to continues to
refine plans for JS2.
Phil continues much triaging, including updating dependencies to the JS1.5
149801); and he has published a new tar ball of the JS test suite,
at the Mozilla ftp site.
Finished port of new RegExp engine to Java, tracking down test errors.
Investigation of JS2 options - changes to metadata etc. arising from ECMA,
examination of CLR.
Continued working the untargetted list. Been slow getting responses back.
Tracked down source of a drag&drop problem that showed up when dragging
Outlook Express attachments over the toolbar.
Finally got a good Mac Carbon build that works, learned more about Mac
Served as Sheriff on Wedneday.
Reviewed bugs including 14044, 85721, 148171, and 151465.
Continued triage of bugs.
Prepared for and hosted an ECMA TC39TG1 meeting. At this meeting we formed
a subgroup to investigate XScript. We also resolved several technical issues
and simplified JS 2.0 by tentatively removing units and operator overriding.
Worked on JS 2.0 specification.
Starting to prepare for my MacHack presentation next week.
Triage of incoming bugs Investigating bug
150323, 151465, bug
151912 Added testcases for bug
151912 Filed bug
151591 Getting stack traces for bug
64319 Patch-testing for bug
137000 Published new tarball of the JS testsuite at the Mozilla ftp
site Adding dependencies to the JS1.5 meta-bug (bug
Review of patch 85721 put on hold.
Plans for next week
Finish off Java work.
Begin use of code coverage tool to evaluate test suite.
Review patches and fix bugs.
initiate my 360 feedback
discuss current JS2 plans with Nisheeth
- Lots of bug fixes and triaging going on.
- Neeti on vacation starting Monday.
- fixed bug 149090 (trunk/1.0) - viewing an image three times corrupts web pages [leaks file descriptors on all platforms]
- fixed bug 149073 (trunk) - nsStorageTransport::GetNthSegment is slow
- fixed bug 147979 (trunk/1.0) - Mac-SSL connections very slow
- fixed bug 147333 (trunk) - [Solaris,AIX,others?] Cannot load local files whose names contain Japanese/Chinese characters
- worked on patch for bug 93002 - Improve WIN32 RAS support
- attended security review of cookies module (part 2)
- reviewed patches
- triaged bugs
- Create a prototype embedding application which completely unloaded Gecko and restarted Gecko without exiting the application. I demoed this to the Jud and Chak who found it interesting. I will be creating a clean patch which intergrates this functionality into the embedding library (mozilla/embedding/base).
- Much bug finding and fixing:
- Fixed 149745 no mInfo causes odd crash
- Fixed 148918 nsILocalFile.idl clean up
- Fixed 149715 do_GetInterface() is not safe to use from embedding
- Fixed 149730 DNS Service must shutdown
- Fixed 149754 cleaner xpcom shutdown
- Fixed 129959 nsDebug depends on nsTraceRefcnt in debug builds.
- Started porting bug fixes to the mozilla 1.0 branch.
- Spoke to outside a mozilla component developer about our lack of BHO. This is something that we really need for both application embedders and component developers.
- Attended the security review meeting.
Plans for next week
- continued bug fixing, triaging, reviewing, etc.
- in depth security review of cookies module on wednesday with morse and dveditz.