maintained by Tim Rowley <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Last Updated Wednesday June 5, 2002
This status update page is updated every
week. To get updates and news throughout the
week you are invited to check out mozillaZine
a site devoted to Mozilla advocacy.
- Bug fixes and triaging continues.
- Gordon's on his sabbatical.
- fixed bug 141779 (trunk/1.0) - Trunk, M1RC1 Crashes related to DNS caching [@ nsDNSRequest::FireStop]
- fixed bug 146074 (trunk/1.0) - Proxy-authorization not on all requests after authentication
- fixed bug 100595 (trunk) - crash @nsMultiMixedConv::FindToken [was: sandiegozoo.org - this site crashes the browser, every time]
- fixed bug 144442 (trunk) - Microsoft-IIS/4.x and Netscape-Enterprise/3.x do not support pipelining
- worked on patch for bug 145382 - cleanup 'HTTP Networking' prefs panel
- worked on patch for bug 140472 - No escape for non ASCII host name
- reviewed patches (gordon's disk cache patch in particular)
- triaged bugs
- Investigating fix for http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=139556.
- Landed a patch for removing strings requirement of unfrozen nsCRT class. Thanks to scc on this one. The XPCOM samples are now reusable betweeen multiple post rc3 versions of mozilla.
- Fixed a crash in the thread pool which occurs if Init fails. Thanks to email@example.com (Mathieu Fenniak) for finding and posting an inital fix.
- Leaving for sabbatical.
- Code reviewed Data Cache Block patch (bug 81724) with Patrick Beard and Darin Fisher.
- Fixed topcrash bug 145147.
- Working on bugscape bug 13789. Have a few leads on what the problem might be.
- Feedback from reviews require two changes to patch which I don't have time to make until I get back from sabbatical. The Disk cache needs a reference counted class wrapper for it's device lock, which nsDiskCacheStreamIO needs to reference. Secondly, incomplete cache entries resulting from errors need to be doomed, but there are lock order issues that need to be resolved to avoid deadlocks.
Plans for next week
- triage and fix more bugs, etc.
- Contemplating putting mozpoint out on Mozdev.
- Fixed a couple of bugs where the password dialog wouldn't come up on
- Started looking into the requirements for Palm Pilot sync
- In offline mode, Ctrl-Enter now does Send Later.
- Open link in new window from the standalone message window works on
the trunk and is nominated for rtm.
- Mail Account and LDAP Directory locking and preconfiguration are close
to being done.
- Fixed a crasher when downloading pop3 mail with malformed "From"
address on the trunk.
- Fixed a problem where filters were getting trashed in a multiuser
environment (when saving rules.dat using same tmp file) on the trunk.
- Fixed a regression where automatic downloading of pop3 msgs was not
updating msg counts in the status bar on the trunk.
- Fixed a bug where mailnews was not asking for password if the password
manager had the wrong password on the trunk.
- Fixed a bug where choosing "remember password" and entering a wrong
password doesn't bring the password dlg for mail again on the trunk.
- Started investigating a couple of import bugs.
- Checked in fix for mork memory allocation bug that prevented AB from
importing long mailing lists on the branch
- Disabled delete and move for read only IMAP folders and newsgroups.
- Made it so we display an error message if imap server connection
fails w/o an error (for servers that limit the number of connections per
- Added UI for specifying the number of IMAP server connections to
- Fixed a bug where the Account wizard was vanishing after one screen
when trying Send page/link/image without mail being configured on the branch.
- Made it so that In offline mode Ctrl-Enter does a 'send later' on
- Made it so that when you Import "Mail", and create a new message
the account wizard comes up on the trunk.
- Made it so we recognize mail list (as bcc) in Templates/Draft on the
- Fixed a bug where every other time mail compose opens the cursor was
not in the address field on the trunk.
- Made it so that a new compose window doesn't show the old subject
on the branch.
- Fixed a bug where replying to a html attachment, 1/2 of content is
cut off on the branch.
- Has posted a patch for locking global prefs and also to disable the
delete button when a locked ldap server is selected.
- Audited our timer code, to make sure nothing was firing after exit.
- Reviewed, finished and landed antonio.xu's bug: context menu problems
in the stand alone msg window including open new link in window not working.
- Fixed a bug on the trunk were clicking the subscribe button doesn't
make the checkbox next to the subscribed newsgroup show up until another group
- Made it so we have support for generic import columns with ldif import/export
on the trunk.
- Has continued to work on ldap authentication. Almost all reviewer
comments have been addressed at this time.
- Started investigating the requirements for implementing an Mozilla-Palm
Address Book synchronization module.
- looked into the details of Address Book APIs in MAPI for IPC interaction
with Mozilla Address Book.
- looked into the requirements for implementing HotSync process of
Palm used to synchronize data between a Palm application and the corresponding
- looked into the Netscape 4x implementation of Communicator AB Palm
- Started writing the analysis and requirements document for Mozilla/Netscape
Address Book HotSync.
I have some good news for you.
landed and will be
part of mozilla1.1alpha.
Size of the patch was some 10k lines,
First of all I'd like to thank Peter and Jonas for digging thru the
beast a few times, and jst for the quick sr so that we made the freeze.
You should see a bunch of improvements, most noticable speed.
Here are a few numbers by peterv:
| ||before ||after ||speedup
|attsets || 5136 || 4179 || 19%
|avts || 29967 || 19532 || 35%
|axis || 1211 || 1006 || 17%
|bottles || 24188 || 24703 || -2%
|breadth || 890940 || 31262 || 96%
|chart || 9499 || 9382 || 1%
|creation||31559 || 28648 || 9%
|current || 1915 || 1689 || 12%
|dbtail || 29469 || 17163 || 42%
|decoy || 2252815 || 311982 || 86%
|depth || 17057 || 8153 || 52%
|encrypt || 11243 || 10773 || 4%
| || 3304999 || 468472 || 86%
Also fixed is:
- namespace handling in XSLT
(that is not namespace nodes or axis, though) (namespaced
variables are http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=117658)
- namespace handling in DOM level 3 XPath
- correctness in XSLT Patterns, those follow the grammar pretty strict
Namespace lookup is moved to the parsing of expressions/patterns,
nametests are really nametests and work on namespaceID and localName
atom, the matching-template-lookup was redone and now searches sorted by
priority (which significantly cuts down the number of patterns we try).
- Mailnews security/privacy work is starting to land. js and cookies
are now disabled in branch builds and there are fixes for allowing plugins
to be disabled and images to be blocked in mail on the trunk.
- LDAP authentication landed on the trunk
- Fixed an Outlook mail import bug on the branch.
- Fixed a Eudora AB import bug when importing cards without email addresses
on the branch.
- Made it so that cards that only have an email address can sync on
- Helped fix a crash importing mail from Outlook.
- Has a fix for Import Outlook AB: Web pages not mapped correctly (Home
Web Page becomes Work Page) on the trunk.
- Landed a fix for Malformed From dates in import of Outlook Express
folders on the trunk.
- Made it so that hitting enter in the AB card notes field doesn't
close the dialog on the branch
- Made it so we can delete a mailing list from the directory pane on
- Made it so double clicking a card in the AB sidebar panel brings
up a prefilled compose window on the branch
- Landed the fix for making the subscribe dialog's checkboxes get checked
when the subscribe button is clicked.
- Landed the fix for preventing the password dialog from showing up
after you've exited but are in quick launch mode on the branch.
- Made it so that Tinderbox panels don't appear in the sidebar by default
on the branch.
- On the branch
- Fixed selection command updating problems
- Fixed a crash after removing and adding back news server in same
- Made it so we don't mark imap messages read when compacting offline
- Made it so we don't show multiple copies of messages when viewing
threads with unread
- Checked in Navin's fix for removing the password from wallet when
- Checked in Navin's fix for being able to undo a move from an imap
to a local folder.
- Checked in Navin's fix for speeding up pop3 msg retrieval.
- Checked in Jeff Tsai's fix for a problem with MDN replies to msgs
with long non-ascii subjects
- On the trunk
- Fixed a regression causing problems starting up with missing imap
- Fixed threading by subject
- Added code to sync msg hdr flags with newsrc flags when they get
out of sync because of a crash.
- Landed fix for Import "Mail", Create new message and Account Wizard
doesn't appear on the branch
- Made it so Ctrl-Enter does a send later when offline on the branch.
- Helped with Outlook importing crash.
- Made block image from server for mailnews work on the trunk.
- Fixed a crash importing mail from Outlook on both the trunk and branch.
- Made it so js is turned off by default in mail on both the trunk
- Made it so cookies are disabled by default in mail on both the trunk
- Made the 3 pane window obey mail format preferences on the Mac on
- Helped with Outlook import crash.
- Made it so autocompletion works with LDAP servers with multibyte base
DN on the branch.
- Fixed the Default mail pref so it works when preferences are launched
from the mail window.
- Attended security review for Mach V
- Continued working on researching the implementation of Mozilla/Netscape7x
AB HotSync with Palm AB
- Wrote an analysis document for Mozilla/Netscape7x AB HotSync
- Setup the build environment for development of the Palm HotSync Conduit
- Downloaded a ROM image from a Palm device and configured to be used
as a Palm emulator
- Started working on the detail design and started writing the design
document for Mozilla/Netscape7x AB HotSync
- Finished LDAP auth patch (bug 135778) and got it checked into the
- Started reviewing code to fetch certs from LDAP servers (bug 119394).
- Worked on making the default folder pane size larger because usability
tests show that the fact that it was being obscured by the sidebar made it
hard to switch folders
Navigator team progress report should be appearing here soon:
- lots of bugs continuing to get fixed.
- Darin's help with Citibank's issues much appreciated. Thanks Darin!
- fixed bug 145382 (trunk) - cleanup 'HTTP Networking' prefs panel
- worked on patch for bug 136210 - cannot view any https urls when memory cache size is set to 0
- worked on patch for bug 147333 - Cannot load local files whose names contain Japanese/Chinese
- attended meeting with intl folks to discuss solutions for bug 147333
- attended security review meetings
- reviewed patches
- triaged bugs
- Fixed ftp from not working against servers that run on port 22.
- Wrote a document which describes the functionality of Mozilla Port Blocking: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/netlib/PortBanning.html
- Fixed Crash in js_FreeStack, bug 139556.
- Reviewed a fix for an anomaly in return value of AppendElement method in nsSupportsArray.
- Fixed a M1RC3 top crash in nsLocalFile::GetPath. Bug 147665.
- Reviewed Neeti's patch to fix a windows recursive copy error bubbling up problem. Bug 142629.
- Checked in mkaply's XPCOM_DEBUG_BREAK fix for os2.
- Attended security review kickoff.
- lot's of incoming bugs :(
- Cache block files work may have to wait since Darin's been discovering problems in that code.
- No status from pavlov.
Plans for next week
- fix bug 147333
- land http prefs UI cleanup on the branch.
- work on more bugs, etc.