- Great fixes and patches coming in from the India group.
- Last stretch of big fixes going in for 0.9.9 from the whole group. Great job guys! Mozilla 0.9.9 should be a great release!
- Proposed patches for 95350, 110880, 111960, 116361, 91429.
- Tracked down some URLs in 120012 to be a reflow problem. Filed bug 122976
- landed final patch for bug 109179 "replace nsStdEscape with NS_EscapeURL"
- fixed bug 113959 "canceling a cached page load blows away the cache entry"
- landed another patch for bug 86917 "socket transport should try all ip addresses returned by DNS service"
- fixed bug 103402 "HTTP authentication allows view of first page if previously authenticated"
- fixed bug 96705 "[zope] authentication should invalidate cache"
- landed patch by firstname.lastname@example.org for bug 116798 "Opening IMAP mail hangs Mail program (and Mozilla)"
- developed plan for bug 124042 "support internationalized resource identifiers (UTF-8 URI)"
- triaged bugs
- Created patch for bug 97097 "nsIDNSService::Resolve does not use the dns cache"
- Created patch for bug 107766 "DeactivateEntry: bad cache entry state"
- Created patch for bug 108046 "DNSService Shutdown uses getService; use WeakPtr"
- Created patch for bug 122499 "change about:cache so -1 means "no expiration"
- Created patch for bug 116562 "Flash movie not loaded if disk cache disabled"
- Created patch for bug 122682 "browser hangs temporarily if switched offline while DNS thread in gethostbyname"
- Fixed bug 122438 - ConvertContractIDKeyToString(...) optimization.
- Fixed bug 119220 - Occurances of uninitialized variables being used before being set.
- Investigating bugs 124495, 124497.
- Triaged bugs.
- uploaded patch for bug 111037 "browser won't show Mac PNG"
- uploaded patch for bug 93658 "Page crashes mozilla, but only over the network"
- uploaded patch for bug 106166 "multipart/x-mixed-replace web cam site not updating "
- uploaded patch for bug 42224 "server JPG push fails after several frames and displays broken image icon "
- bug 120202 "M097 crash [@ MSVCRT.DLL | MSVCRT.dll - gfxImageFrame::SetImageData] " appears to be related to reflow. uploaded the observations
- bug 79283 "Gif images don't fully load, even with refresh " marked as works for me as the bug is not reproducble.
- Checked in fix so image blocking will block backgrounds -- bug 84654.
- Checked in patches for nivedita for bugs 86508, 78114 and 111037! She is doing a great job!
- Brendan checked in his patch for timers in bug 117061 which has shown improvment on some of the DHTML tests.
- on request from scott and peter, removed xptoolkit and eclient teams from status/bugs pages.
- helping a lot of people get upto speed on using status/bugs and status/reports.
- triaged about 100 bugs for nsbeta1
- collecting thoughts on presentation material in XML/DHTML/CSS. Maybe will publish something on mozilla.
- Still to get to bottom of 120628.
- Focals and other management activities eating into productive time.
- bug 101731 "M098 N621 Trunk crash [@imgContainer::FillWithColor]" tried to emulate low memory on WINNT using the /maxmem switch in boot.ini, and reducing swap space , but could not reproduce the crash. Need to look into other ways to reproduce the crash.
Plans for next week
- fix more bugs
- triage more bugs
- Get patches checked in.
- Finish disk cache data stream wrappers for use of cache block files.
- Continue priority cache planning and discussions.
- bug 101731 "M098 N621 Trunk crash [@imgContainer::FillWithColor]"
- bug 74542 "table with background/transparent images not rendered properly". The gif is getting placed at an offset in the column of the table.
- Need some more bugs to work on.
- Get in as many 0.9.9 fixes as possible.
- Continue bug triaging.
- cvs account still doesnt work.
- bug 117363 - unable to send mail using yahoomail, hotmail, etc... unable to reproduce the problem, but 100% reproducible for several folks.
- Vinay Badami is still having problems with CVS access :-(
- Bug 117363 is still a hard to reproduce-- if someone can help reproduce this internally that will be great! All you have to do is to use hotmail/yahoo mail with the latest builds.
- Was on *vacation* until Wednesday.
- Landed fixes to
, 104856, 124463 ( regression in RDF sink ).
( topcrash in expat ). Very close to a fix.
( hang in htmlparser ). Fix is in.
- Worked on
- fix in hand.
- Worked on P3P issues.
- Triaged untargeted, 0.9.9, and 1.0 bugs.
- Did code reviews.
- Fixed bug
. UMR in nsHTMLInputElement::HandleDOMEvent().
- Attended embedding related meetings with people from
AOL headquarters on Monday and Tuesday.
- Fixed a ton of issues with my iframe loading fix for
- sr'ed peterv's huge nsDOMClassInfo extendability changes
- sr'ed jkeiser's huge form submission rewrite (
- Did more random smaller sr:s...
- Worked on patches for bugs
(Build failure: dom/src/base/nsDOMClassInfo.cpp depends on extensions/xmlextras),
(dynamically added STYLE element doesn't alter style) and
(Implement DOM Level 3 XPath WD).
- Checked in a couple of fixes to keep SOAP building
- Attended FOSDEM and the second Mozilla European Developers
Meeting. Had a lot of fun meeting the people behind the nicks and listened
to some interesting talks. Gave talk on Mozilla in the main FOSDEM track.
- It was a four day week for me. Took Monday off before my midterm on
- Attached fix to
. Awaiting code reviews. Will check in next week. Some more detail about
the work follows. Added AUTF8String and ACString support to XPIDL and XPConnect.
Also added the [-t output version number] command line argument to the XPIDL
compiler and the XPT Linker. When the output version number is specified,
the compiler checks that the input IDL file only uses constructs that are
supported in that version. The linker checks that all typelib files it reads
are of the version specified or below. Both the compiler and the linker report
errors and abort if these checks fail.
attack with special characters.
- Tried buffer overflows in zip/jar.
- Found a vulnerability in Page Info dialog. (NC)
- Attacks on crypto object.
- Looking for general buffer overflows.
- Many minor fixes to SOAP codebase, not all cosmetic. Entirely cleaned
up on Friday from reviews.
- Added descriptive exception support so SOAP developers
get more meaningful error messages.
- Wrote documentation for SOAP at mozilla/extensions/xmlextras/docs
- A number of work-arounds for Schema type system, to
fix my mistaken assumptions and give me a complete type hierarchy among the
- Submitted patch for 62188.
- Patch uploaded for 95224. (Patch reviewed and needs
- Patch submitted for 94176.
- Checked in the fix to
, give Mozilla the ability to be registered as the default handler of XHTML
documents on Windows.
- Code reviews for rayw, harishd, mstoltz
- Bug triage, our teams's numbers are now ok for 0.9.9
- Worked on Mac project files for P3P and SOAP. Need
someone with better knowledge of the Mac build system...
- Did not get permission to enable SOAP on default build
- Mac fixes for SOAP were not landed
- No significant work on W3C issues except a few emails
Plans for next week
- Finish 0.9.9 bugs
- Check in performance patch
- Decide which classes to attend at RSA conference
- Continue working on the remaining issues 52334.
- sr peterv's implementation of the DOM Level 3 XPath
API's (bug 103235
- Get 0.9.9 bugs with fixes reviewed and checked in.
- Bug triage.
- Land fix for
- Add CString and UTF8String support to nsIVariant (bug
125465) and xpcom's proxy event mechanism (
- Manage XML/DOM team for next week while Heikki is out
- Start working more with Tim Rowley on image space optimization
- Start profiling slow DHTML test cases to see whats
- Try to enable SOAP by Tuesday.
- Prepare to be gone for W3C Plenary meeting in 1 week.
- Prepare some bigger demo of SOAP technology.
- Start on W3C proposals, etc.
- Patch for 62188 needs more analysis and work.
- Work on few more bugs.
- Work on my bugs.
- All the bugs with status [sr=], need to be checked-in.
- remove nsIDiskDocument
- produced first patch for image corruption bug
- lots of code reviews
- bug triage / filing
- CSS WG conf call
- prepared W3C plenary meeting
- fix in hand, ready for check-in beginning of next week
- 16255 allow class assignment to elements
- 102547 Using different paragraph style, cause alignment problems
- 121903 After choosing to use CSS style sheets instead of HTML elements
in the CSS editing choice in the "edit" preferences menu doesn't allow
background colors to work properly
- worked on
- 54479 Nested lists are incorrectly generated ; I doubt I will have
a fix before 099, this is really a very hard problem and the indent rules
become extremely complex if we want to make valid markup...
- code reviews
- Spent almost all my time this week doing Reviews/SuperReviews.
- Did some preliminary debugging on some incoming bugs.
- Lots of discussions in various bugs.
- Attended CPD All-Hands, EDITORBASE, and Layout All-Hands meetings.
- Attended Composer Performance meeting
- Spent more time discussing low-level find API and implementation
- work in progress on EB+ bug:
: cut & paste from <pre> always adds <newline> at the
- EB+ fixed:
: making blocks from selections sometimes grabs more than it should. I
made a small fix for this bug last week, but it wasnt enough. The
original report was really only the tip of the iceberg, and some major work
was required to fix all the issues.
: mailcite turds - get rid of them!
: some block operations messed up when in cell selection mode
: Inserting a link should pad with a non-link space if needed
- Check in
, and make it the default so we'll get reports of any bugs.
- Find out why the patch for
regressed, fix it, check in the fix and enable new find/replace for
- Find and fix the
- Investigate and hopefully fix
, a rewrapping problem.
- After tree closure, be available if issues come up with find or replace,
and otherwise investigate editorshell removal
- 0.9.9 bug list
- code reviews
- bug triage
- Land existing fixes
- EB+ bug fixing
- do reviews for others
landing editor fixes
- Try and knock off a few EDITORBASE bugs on my own list.
- Take the week off from reviewing, so I can get some other things
- check-ins and bugs
- friday off
- W3C plenary meeting 25-28 feb.