maintained by Tim Rowley <email@example.com>
Last Updated Wednesday January 9, 2002
This status update page is updated every
week. To get updates and news throughout the
week you are invited to check out mozillaZine
a site devoted to Mozilla advocacy.
- Lots of bug fixes when we integrated the new version of libical for
the backend. This fixed a lot of problems for us, especially with
- Added in the ability to create advanced repeating events. You can
now set an event to repeat on every 3rd Monday of the month (for eg.) as
well as on the 20th of the month (for eg.). You can also have weekly
events repeat on certain weekdays, like events that happen on Monday,
Wednesday and Friday every week.
- UI fixes but we're still not 100% up to date with the latest XUL stuff.
- An Installer for Linux only. We're working hard on getting it up
for Windows too, but need help.
- The calendar team needs help from people to work on XUL front end
and with installers to people on Windows and Mac can install and use the
latest calendar. Join irc.mozilla.org on #calendar to help out.
- not much to report this week.
- most of the team returning back from holidays/vacation this week.
- Added a 'Login Failed' page to status reports tool.
- Added a motd page for status reports.
Plans for next week
- My laptop has died again.
- Landed the Address Book Outliner branch.
- QuickSearch added to the Address Book
- Added "Get Map" (Map It!) functionality to the Address Book. When
you display a card with an address it will add a button that will take you
to the MapQuest map for that address.
- Added addressbook export in the .csv and .tab formats.
- Simple Mapi landed on the trunk.
- Blake added a context menu for the html compose window.
- Resolved as fixed
Performance and Footprint
- Most of the mail team is going to focus on performance
- Look here for the performance page.
- Look here for current performance numbers.
- 3 Pane
- Navin checked in the fix to make folder navigation faster.
- Navin made multiple delete faster.
- Message Display
- David and Cavin worked on preventing certain attachments from
being downloaded more than once when displaying a message.
- David changed mozTXTToHTMLConv.cpp and its clients so that it
no longer allocates memory when no conversion is required (which is true
in the large majority of the calls). Converted it to take 8 bit characters,
which gets rid of a roundtrip from 8 bit to unicode back to 8 bit. Reduced
some of the code bloat.
- Address Book
- Navin fixed leaking name and description on loading each plugin.
- Navin fixed leaking author comparison upon canceling news messages
- Navin fixed some leaking char* in mime on reading messages
- Navin looked into bloat we're seeing when typing.
- Jean-Francois fixed a leak while building the attachments list.
- Worked on making it so that the Save Image context
menu only shows the image name rather than a bunch of other information.
- Started looking into a bug where Outlook Express mailing lists
aren't being imported.
- Started working on adding the server name to server errors.
This will help make it less confusing for people with multiple accounts.
- Added tasklist for
LDAP work to Mozilla.
- Reviewed Seth's outliner branch changes.
- Reviewed and checked in John Marmion's fixes mentioned below.
- Added Quick Search to the Address Book.
- Made it so we properly migrate the 4.x pref for autocompleting
against local addressbooks.
- Added "Get Map" (Map It!) functionality to the Address Book
- Added addressbook export in the .csv and .tab formats.
- Made it so that multiple selection in the addressbook clears
out the card preview pane
- Fixed a crash switching from flat to threaded view.
- Made it so we clear the message pane when more than one item
- Made it so the offline menu item works from mail windows
- Fixed a crasher when deleting in large address books.
- Added the column selector to the address book.
- Made it so we select the next Address Book card after a delete.
- Implemented ascending and descending sort order for the address
- Made it so we commit the address book after importing.
- Made it so we can display more columns in the address book.
- Fixed a crasher on mail shutdown
- Removed PR_Sleep call hack in nsMailboxProtocol on copying local
- Made it so that "Netscape" isn't hardcoded into one of our properties
- Got the Work Offline mnemonic patch checked in.
- Fixed a bug regarding the default state of labels in migrated
and new profiles.
- Landed Simple MAPI on the trunk.
- Helped Rajiv land Simple MAPI on the trunk.
- Implemented method to iterate over mork cells in a row which
is needed by the Address Book
- Made it so our moz mime image callback code now can put images
directly in the memory cache instead of dropping them on the floor. With
help from Scott, made it so that imglib can get these images directly without
having to go through libmime and reparse the whole message.
- Started working on the imap folder property sheet sharing tab.
- Made the security panel for s/mime match the spec.
- Began exploring some options for mail notification in the system
tray (including integration with quick launch)
- Polished up the Address Book Sidebar context menus
- Fixed a case where mail setup wasn't being completed.
- Fixed a case where a multipart/alternative email wasn't showing
- Fixed a bug where Reply was looking like Forward Inline.
- Fixed a hang when viewing a particular message.
- Fixed an Uninitialized memory read in nsStreamConverter::SetMimeHeadersListener
- John Marmion
- Made it so that LDAP attributes aren't case sensitive.
- Made xmozillausehtmlmail work with LDAP.
- Made it so that we have a mnemonic for Work Offline.
- Made it so the message pane shows the focus ring.
- Stephen Walker
- Denis Antrushin
- Made it so we don't change the real name of a forwarded message to
- Fixed a bunch of the outliner scrollbar problems we've been having
for a while (such as the disappearing thumb).
- Alex Vincent
- Blake Ross
- Added a context menu to the html compose window.
- Stephen Donner
- Cleaned up message compose logging.