maintained by Tim Rowley <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Last Updated Wednesday October 17, 2001
This status update page is updated every
week. To get updates and news throughout the
week you are invited to check out mozillaZine
a site devoted to Mozilla advocacy.
- We have 2 nsbranch+ bugs.
- mstoltz working on security reviewers' guide.
- jst, peterv were on vacation, both are now back.
- Focused mainly on compact policy issues ( integrating with cookie manager
etc. ). Yet to build on Linux and Mac.
- Fixed bug 103387 ( DIV-DD containment issue ).
- Fixed bug 102370 ( DT-DD containment issue ).
- Worked on bugs 100466, 100397, 20163 ( partial fix
in hand ).
- Tiaged my untargeted bugs.
- Did code reviews.
- (Includes previous week)
- Checked in fix for bug 97687 ([serializer]cs/gecko:
copying using keyboard shortcuts>paste>source pasted) and follow up
bug 102809 (ABR in nsPlainTextSerializer::AppendText; indexing -1 on array).
- Checked in some warning fixes.
- Reviews of some Transformiix patches by sicking and
- Helped bbaetz and akkana with mac project changes.
- Implemented the DOM Level 3 XPath WD.
- Looked into extension functions for Transfromiix.
- Tracked down memory leaks in my ouput rewrite.
- Took 3 days holiday.
- Security review of window size & position restrictions
- Found 2 window size/options bugs, fixed one
- Looking through old security bugs to create regression
- Tested signed scripts on 3 platforms; still broken
on the Mac
- Background reserach for security reviewers' guide -
studying some books on security
- Trying to reverse-engineer ckritzer's "loaderman" test
harness so we can write new testcases for it
- Fixed 103250, topcrash, selecting text while page loading.
- Fixed 98214, minor performance improvements and cleanup.
- Worked on 41983, works except for mysterious crashes.
Plans for next week
- Land compact policy changes.
- Work on 0.9.6 bugs
- Discuss parser performance issues with dp.
- Triage bugs.
- Bug triage.
- Fix any important serializer issues.
- Attach a new patch for the Transformiix output rewrite.
- Look into extension functions some more.
- Take Friday off.
- More research & work on reviewers' guide
- Fix signed scripts on the Mac again :(
- Fix some more bugs
- Finish 41983, need to figure out the crash & needs some testing.
- Provided the above items gets done, land FIXptr.
- Bug triage.
- Dial-up in Belgium seems down, this caused me to be offline during the
two days that I worked from there.
- Thanks to heikki for fixing a topcrasher that I caused.
- Lots of
- Performance work continuing
- We use the operating system's new notification sound on Windows and
- You can now rename the user name and server in Account Settings.
- Custom Headers for search and filters implemented.
- Go to folder in the search window now works.
- Resolved as fixed
- Scott MacGregor
- Fixed a problem with simple mapi which was causing a browser window
to come up when mozilla was started via simple mapi instead of just a compose
- Fixed an infinite loop in our bin hex decoder.
- Cavin Song
- Made it so we can rename the user name and server in Account Settings
- Started working on folder loading performance. He did some
tests to show that the preference calls we make are not affecting performance.
- David Bienvenu
- Fixed a lot of memory leaks
- Sped up local search dramatically. This will also speed up
- Checked in code to close nntp sockets when shutting down which should
fix some shutdown assertions and some shutdown leaks.
- Fixed a bug where we were losing the read state of news messages
- Sean Su
- Worked on Simple Mapi bugs.
- Varada Parthasarathi
- Worked on the Prefill Filter feature.
- Bhuvan Racham
- Worked on making Get All New Messages work for all accounts.
- Navin Gupta
- Checked in the Custom Headers feature for search and filters.
- Checked in a fix for dataloss when compacting a folder with an outdated
summary file. This also fixed a top crash.
- Started working on Quick Search.
- Seth Spitzer
- Made it so we use the OS new mail notification sound.
- Improved performance by making it so that folder listeners can choose
which notifications they receive rather than receiving everything.
- Implemented Go To Folder in the Search window.
- Made next folder navigation work correctly.
- Made it so that parent folders are bold if they are closed and their
subfolders have unread messages.
- Made it so that we can send news messages when only the browser is
- Made it so users can remove non-existent newsgroups.
- Continued looking into ways we can improve performance.
- Jean-Francois Ducarroz
- Started fixing bugs to improve our handling of Outlook Express mail
- Made it so that UNC files are treated as a remote attachment rather
- Simon Fraser
- Made it so we play the OS sound on the Mac for new mail notifications.
- Stephen Donner
- Continued to file a number of memory leak bugs.
- Jan Varga
- Made it so we invalidate the scrollbar position when switching folders.
- Denis Antrushin
- Made it so we put "re" back into the subject when forwarding a replied
- bug fixes going in for the last minute cases. Thanks to darin and gordon.
- heavy triaging continues.
- still lots of triaging to be done.
- fixed bug 103043 "nsSocketTransport should only fire OnStatus when status changes"
- backed out now-obsolete patch for bug 89191 "Acrobat fails to load PDFs from HTTP/1.0 only servers"
- attended intel vtune performance meeting
- worked on patches to fix URL parsing performance problems
- fixed bug 104181 "SH should not store layout state if server sends 'Cache-control: no-cache'"
- got mach-o trunk build up and running :-)
- triages bugs
- Working on removing nsIShutdownListener from nsServiceEntry in ComponentManager.
- Triaged a lot of bugs.
- Waiting for review on bug 96461.
- Bugs resolved (FIXED, WFM) 52590, 72066, 88904, 93845, 99760.
- Reviewed changes for 103883, 101651.
- bug 104311 - removed lots of xpcom overuse inside imagelib. This helped to clean up some code up as well as help to avoid lots of useless virtual function calls, etc.
- bug 64096 - added a method to get the mimetype of an image after it has been decoded.
- bug 92453 - removed lowsrc support from <img>
- Gave cool demo on Wednesday
Plans for next week
- triage more bugs
- finish patches for URL perf work
- work on bugs for 0.9.6
- work on plans for DIG
- test optimized mach-o build
- Continue work on ComponentManager cleanup.
- Fix bugs 103167, 102229, 101857, 97097.
- Revisit NSPR API for truncating files, in hopes of adding it to the next release.
- Develop cache plan for Vidur's Web App proposal.