CNET Japan recently featured Mozilla-gumi members in their Newsmakers
column (5 page online article). You need a Japanese fonts to read the
article but even without it, you can see the faces and names of the key
members of Mozilla-Japan on the right margin. (Click on the right arrow
at the bottom to go to the next page.)
Apparently the reporter went to Mozilla-gumi's monthly get together in a
Tokyo pub. The get together is not a formal meeting but more of an
occasion to drink and chat generally about Mozilla and anything else
that comes to their mind. If you're planning to go to Japan, you should
contact Mozilla-gumi and visit with them.
- Back from vacation, read thousands of emails from vacation.
- Triaged a lot of bugs.
- Started triaging xpcom bugs
- Completed the new netlib Upload API. Patches ready to go.
- Continued review of Protozilla's IPC extension.
- Merged the ComponentManager and the ServiceManager implementations. Working with DP on a review. He is seeing a 0.2/7.2 secs on startup!
- upgraded status to a new machine with 7.1 (not thru yet-- still some issues to work out)
- finished all the reviews! yeah!
Plans for next week
- be virtual clayton for this week
- Good progress on topembed and performance related bugs.
Currently have 3 topembed bugs open for the team.
- Have 30 open bugs for 0.9.4 milestone, of which at least
6 have fixes. Need to triage some more.
- The team will take ownership of serializers from the editor
team, person(s) to be determined.
- Fixed bug 96031 ( FONT-LI containment problem ). This
exposed a couple of layout bugs. I've filed bugs on Marc Attinasi ( bug 97330,
- Fixed bug 93534 ( Removed a couple of files, nsLoggingSink,
nsHTMLNullSink, from optimized builds ).
- Worked on bug 84599 ( getComputedStyle returning incorrect
values for right/bottom properties ). Fixed right property.
- Went through talk back parser crashes. Couldn't reproduce
any of them!
- Did code reviews.
- Met with Steve Morse to talk about P3P.
- Fixed bug 82027. Problems with accessing window.history[x]
- Checked in Fabian's patch for bug 96489, tablerow.insertCell()
not returning cell object.
- Fixed bug 91241 (checkin pending). Sped up nsXMLContentSink::GetElementFactory()
which is 0.9% of startup time.
- Fixed bug 91557 (checkin pending). Constructor property
of DOM Object instances not implemented.
- Fixed bug 95840 (checkin pending). ~45% speedup to
global property access.
- W3C DOM spec work.
- Worked on bug 96647 (Change the way output is constructed
in Transformiix), which would fix 53030, 59912, 88198, 94921 and probably
53944, and other unfiled bugs.
- More testing on wildcard security policies, and checked
- Added feature to disable window.open during load and
- Added security check for for/in enumeration on Window
and Document, which uncovered a JS engine bug
- Working on additional security checks on Document properties
and the Location object
- Fixed 96459, progress indicators for XMLHttpRequest.
Did this by implementing the readyState and onreadystatechange members. Fixed
some minor compatibility issues w/IE.
- Fixed 96307 aka Bugscape 8288, crash when doing a second
XMLHttpRequest send() from the onload handler (stumbled on the fix while
- Made regression tests for XML Extras.
- Bug triage.
- Code reviews for harishd, and made Mac project changes
Plans for next week
- Checkin fixes for my 0.9.4 bugs.
- Do more W3C DOM spec work.
- Work on 96647, respond to reviewers comments.
- Collaborate with Mozilla on Bugzilla security group
- Work on security PRD for spring release
- Continue fixing bugs
- Since I am in Mountain View, I will focus on tasks
made easier by my presense:
- Performance review discussion with Vidur
- Code reviews if possible
- More discussion of design of SOAP APIs
- Meet with people on strategy for Plugin APIs
- Hold meetings about W3C issues including w3c-reps meeting.
- I also need to spend significant time soon writing
up Netscape's position on IPR at AOL and W3C.
- I also need to spend significant time editing the requirements
from the plugins workshop, which is expected to be complete soon.
- See if I can help with some of our team's topembed
- Work on my nsbranch+ bugs.
- Work on P3P related MLKs.
- Work on topembed bugs ( if any ), 0.9.5 bugs.
- Triage bugs
- Spent the week fixing bug 92135
: shows source of autocomplete items in the mail compose window using icons
in the dropdown (default match, local addressbook, remote addressbook). Allows
(via hidden pref; off by default) for more sophisticated info about each address
-- specific addrbook name, or random ldap attribute, like department). Also
fixes minor LDAP autocomplete i18n regression introduced post 0.9.3 and found while testing. Thanks to email@example.com
for his XBL guidance.
- Bug 79935: show LDAP-server error-condition feedback in UI while doing autocomplete.
- Help push along LDAP addressbook UI bugs, as time allows.