- Spent much of the week shaking out issues with my patch for bug 89198
(fixes RFC 822 quoting for LDAP autocomplete display names). Checked in
the changes on Friday. The changes for this also cleaned up some of the
error-handling code for when LDAP setup in the compose window fails for
one reason or another. If there were any users of the LDAP autocomplete
"outputFormat" hidden preference, that has now been split up into three
separate hidden prefs: "addressFormat", "nameFormat", and
"commentFormat". See the bug for details.
- Iterated through a couple of versions of a patch to the LDAP C SDK to
make aMozilla not stall out during a failed connect (bug 79509). Still
need at least one more iteration. Thanks to Mark Smith
(email@example.com) for help sorting out the issues here.
- Helped Leif shake out design issues with async DNS changes for the
LDAP XPCOM SDK (bug 82142).
- Reviewed and built a patch (bug 17879) from John Marmion
(firstname.lastname@example.org) to address other review issues with LDAP
addressbook code. Awaiting sr=.
- status/reports tool is down, so this report states only things we could
- jst on vacation from 8/21 to 8/23.
- joki was on vacation.
- Harish swatting topembed bugs like there's no tomorrow (for some reason
he seems to be getting most of our topembed bugs).
- Fixed 15089, make XML parser errors localizable.
- Fixed 75234, XHTML style element contents were duplicated.
- Fixed 85554, xml-stylesheet PI now works in prolog only, per the
- Filed security bug 95735.
- Have partial fix for 69070, prevent remote pages form loading images
from file URLs.
- Looked at how chrome JS uses eval, setTimeout etc. Bug 83314.
- Worked on changes to the security manager to facilitate making mail
- Worked on Bugzilla security group charter
- Working with Jesse on problems with about: pages
- Worked on top embed bug 93365 [ FONT-TABLE containment issue] - Fixed.
- Worked on top embed bug 56245 [ Residual style problem ] - Close
to a fix.
- Worked on bug 94903 [ External JS on unknown hosts would stall rendering
] - Fixed.
- Worked on bug 88952 [ Remove RecordTrailingContent to conserve memory
] - Close to a fix.
- Worked on bug 95614 [ Random crashes in nsHTMLTokens due to uninitialized
iterator ] - Fixed
- Met with Dave Barrowman regarding P3P.
- Code reviewed for Heikki.
- Fixed bug 55459. Re-thought the refcounting model for timeout objects
used by the DOM code, this code was crashing mozilla in certain fairly random
- Fixed bug 95480. JS error messages were sometimes lost in the JS
- Fixed bug 88151. Anchor.accessKey wasn't working correctly.
- Did some DOM standards work.
- Go through NS 6.1 feedback to identify work for team.
- Work on XML Extras and XHTML.
- Coninue working on 69070 and 88314.
- Finish changes for mail security
- Finish security group proposal
- Security reviews for eclient release
- Wrap up topembed bugs
- Work on P3P related issues.
- Triage bugs.
- Vacation Tuesday-Thursday.
- More DOM standards work.
- The XPToolkit team resolved 37 bugs in the last week,
fixing 25 of these. For details, see our
resolved bug list.
- Mike Pinkerton (pinkerton)
- Chris Saari (saari)
- killed my topembed bugs and helped bryner discover the joys of the
- Daniel Matejka (danm)
- Eric Vaughan (evaughan)
- David Hyatt (hyatt)
- wrote the checkbox and radiogroup portions of the xul spec.
- rewrote popups to eliminate need for <popupset>
- Dan Rosen (dr)
- got started on 91137, 95599
- sheriffed (hectic friday!)
- Aaron Leventhal (aaronl)
bug 91716, bug 94778, bug 93016
- Went thru timeless' keyboard suggestions and added to
- Got new Zoomtext installed, did some testing, spoke with
- Got "official" Gecko testing moving with Zoomtext,
- John Gaunt (jgaunt)
- Accessibility Switch - checked in
merge a bunch of Acc stuff into the 092 branch. This stuff has
been prepard and is ready for final testing Monday morning and
- Peter Annema (jag)
getting one of scc's string patches beyond crashing into hanging.
Oh, and I worked a little on bug 959.
- Brian Ryner (bryner)
- Not even a car crash and recovery can keep him down. Bugs killed:
64176, 66036, 94627, 66835, 66617, 92879
- get space at dulles
- get my cube moved
- help with embedding and OSX build
- still have button and popup work for spec
- Returning from sabatical on Tuesday.
- Bug 88355
- looks like something crummy is happening with event processing
while opening a window under particular circumstances
- Pitch in with war room effort
- Get a functional mail client :) for those of you who check the
mail client headers
- 91137 (intrinsic window sizing crippled)
- 95599 (gtk clipboard code makes a mess of memory)
- Start working on XUL accessibility
- Acrobat with Gecko accessibility
- Make sure things move forward with Gecko accessibility
Check the acc. stuff into 092 and move on to the xul stuff.
- get some xbl/xul learning in, between bugs and builds
- Trudelle returns on Tuesday, ending saari's
stand in for toolkit
- evaughan returns from sabatical on
- Pinkerton will be moving to Virginia by the end
- lots of topembed bugs being fixed by the whole team.
- fixed bug 92224 "8.2.4 client behavior if server prematurely closes connection"
- fixed bug 91862 "save link as still expands gzipped files"
- fixed bug 93582 "nsFileChannel::AsyncOpen stat's file before returning"
- worked on patches for other 0.9.4 bugs
- landed topembed patches
- triaged bugs
- Finalized patch for bugscape bug 6985 to support dynamic profile switching in cache, and checked it into the trunk.
- Began attending eMojo project meetings.
- Continued working on data storage in cache block files.
- Commented on CERT incident report VU#476267.
- Fixed firedrill bug 95488.
- Back from vacation - reading around 2k emails.
- Reviewed bug fixes from Andreas Otte.
- Starting reviewing Mozilla IPC support sumbitted by R. Saravanan of XmlTerm.
- Landed 93353 onto the 0.9.2 branch for Komodo
- attended the 6.1 celebrations
- met with chofmann, marek and jud to make my visit more useful for topembed customers.
- cleaning out status (bugs and reports)
- Lost Tug-Of-War at the CPD AllHands.
- Inital timings of new File Transort are well below predict values.
- Interns times are almost up! We are going to miss John Taylor and Bradley Baetz for the incredible work these guys have been doing.
- Need to do more triaging.
Plans for next week
- work on other 0.9.4 and topembed bugs
- triage bugs
- Create patch with diffs between trunk and 0.9.2 branch for cache to fix bugscape bug 6985 for Embedding release.
- upgrade status to RH 7.1
- meet with a lot of people in Dulles
- finally finish focal reviews :-)
- Mac cache performance needs more investigation.
- DNS problems all day on Wenesday and somewhat through Thursday. It is impossible to do work when this happens.