- Wrote and checked in code to parameterize LDAP autocomplete
searchfilter via hidden pref (bug 77386); also improves
default searchfilter (bug 85315).
- Wrote code to speedup LDAP autocomplete by only asking for the
specific attributes bwe need (bug 74098). Still testing and cleaning up.
- Various reviews.
To do this week
- Finish my 0.9.2 bugs:
- 74098 - above mentioned speedup
- 81761 - override settings require restarting browser to take effect
- 82169 - Switching directory for autocomplete needs a restart
- Triage and dive into 0.9.3 bugs.
- Bill landed his fixes for a slew of turbo mode bugs and Alec fixed
the mail 3 pane turbo mode bug too.
- Turbo mode work remaining = Multiple Profile Case (ccarlen) + Installer
& Prefs work (syd) + Tray Icon (bill has first cut, need someone to close)
+ Final decision on if it is default on (chofmann has some good reasons
why it shd NOT be on by default)
- Alec fixed the bug where items deleted from History did not disappear
immediately (and made it look like delete did not work)\
- Bill fixed the bug where hyperlinks in many windows applications when
clicked loaded Mozilla 2 times.
- Ben took over the Content Pack work and converted it to an extension,
pending reviews to be checked in.
- Steve fixed a serious regression in Session Cookies and made them work
- Steve added an enhancement to Password Manager API so that some issues
with multiple mail account support could be resoved.
- After many trials and tribulations getting to Mountain View, Blake
Ross started working on campus as of 06/12/01. Go Blake! Gave him some time
to settle in, but I'm pretty sure we've got some 0.9.3 work we can throw
his way. ;-)
- Matt made it so that Chrome items in the main toolbar and personal
toolbar, do _not_ disappear after you have viewed your preferences. This
used to happen sometimes, which was nearly a beta stopper.
- Matt fixed the bug where it reverted you to Netscape Search even when
you selected another search engine.
- Vishy and Jaime decided that for this release, the form manager panel
L12Y work could be limited to making panels hideable.
Issues / Lowlights
- Alec Flett
- Have a fix for 73141, will post patch for review monday night
- Have 90% of a fix for 62173, ETA 6/19
- Ben Goodger
- Defer skin switch until after
- Helper app Dialog bug (79938)
m0.9.3 bug, if time permits:
support drag filing of bookmarks into folders on toolbar, at least on
- Bill Law
- Sit in the shade somewhere in the French/Italian countryside, drinking
- Blake Ross
- Waiting to go in:
- 80946 - Cannot dismiss Pref dialog
by "OK" after visiting "Advanced -> System" category
- Keypress event bubbles up to alert and cancels them before user can
- nsIDOMXULElement needs command() method (also fixes
- Save As... zipfile download with very-long url geneates oversized save
- Option+Reload should bypass cache
- Useless tooltip on ftp:// directories
- Search cleanup
- When a button has focus, enter key doesn't fire the button's oncommand
- Windows and Linux have space to right of security icon
- Big caret appears after Select All on list items
- Widgets visually respond/react to right click
- Addressing pref pane cleanup
- Profile Wizard rewrite (fixes
- Still waiting to go in:
- Matt Fisher
- Paul Chen
- Samir Gehani
- Peer reviews.
- Flesh out basic search mode feature issue: mozilla or ns-only.
- mozilla0.9.2 bugs
- Steve Morse
- 76485: support.microsoft.com doesn't load on WinME
- 85299 et al. regionalize form manager dialog
- 85300: form manager dialog busted since going into region pack
- Viswanath Ramachandran
- Find a new owner for the Profile Manager FE Bugzilla component (currently
owned by Ben)
- Help drive Nav+ Mozilla0.9.2 bugs to zero
- Help triage down Mozilla0.9.3 list to around 40.
- Find someone to close out the Turbo Mode Tray Icon work.
- Build optimized experimental build with ccarlen's Multiple Profile case
fix for turbo mode.
- Focal training refresher course.
- Start writing focals.
Bill's on sabbatical now till August 13.
- Alec - on vacation Monday, June 11th at a wedding in Boston
- Samir - Sabbatical planned for July 4, 2001 - August 20, 2001
- Alec Flett
- 82277 - too many allocations near |mIgnorePrefixes|
- 83490 - autocomplete needs a non-allocating accessor
- 85364 - nsGlobalHistory::AutoCompleteEnumerator::IsResult should use nsAutoString
- 71903 - Search History returns all possible results, instead of just the
result for the defined search parameter.
- 81258 - Deleting history items doesn't remove them from ui immediately
- 83366 - -turbo mode: alternative 3-pane mail view setting is ignored
- Ben Goodger
- got initial extension
part of Content Pack UI (65251) checked in (not part
of build), awaiting sr in bug for the rest of the patch which adds the
turns it all on.
- modified jbetak's second content pack patch to make it work as an
extension, and addressed some other issues (replaced usages of
- Feedback from 6.1 is encouraging (both from news sites and from a friend
mine who's trying it).
- Bill Law
- Checked in fix for bugs 81712, et al (turbo mode bugs).
- Checked in fix for bug 82584 (don't use Win32 registry "(don't) always
ask me" setting).
- Checked in fix for bug 58848 (Win32 desktop integration snafus).
- Checked in fix for bug 79862 (accelerator keys on helper app dialog).
- Coded up fix for bug 85984 (turbo mode system tray icon).
- Blake Ross
- Checked in:
- Wrong URL dragged from browser window on second drag when links are
- Link titles (and more) lost when dragging URLs to composition window
- Textarea scrollbars have wrong cursor
- Responded to lots of users who submitted PR1 feedback, and received
many kind/grateful responses. Having just one person responsible
for doing this full time around release would really boost our PR and user
satisfaction. I'm compiling a list of top xpapps complaints that I
think we should focus on for next release.
- Went through performance bugs, added
[nav+perf] to bugs
that directly impact xpapps or need fixing on the xpapps side. Going
to start digging into these next week.
- Motivated by the great response to 6.1. c|net user feedback just
keeps going up - 72% for windows, 80% for mac, 87% for linux.
- Matt Fisher
- Checked in
- 81093 Prefs now don't uncheck toolbar buttons
- 82041 Clicking on search button now keeps pref for search
- Bugs worked on
- 24106 Have patch posted to make sure item does not move out of customize area
- 5188 have pach for pulling Altavista. Need to pull 2 other search engines
- Paul Chen
- 79837 Downloading dialog not correctly filled in sometimes [+ Set
Default button broken].
Checked in 06/13.
- 52930 Sidebar panels localization not displayed.
Got sr=alecf on Friday. Hopefully get a= on
Monday so that I can check this in.
- 32801 Mac: can run 2 copies of Mozilla at the same time .
Latest patch posted on 06/12. Still waiting
for r= and sr=
- Samir Gehani
- New basic search mode feature first cut completed.
- Completed basic search mode with menu popup to select engine in ns-only
first cut in sidebar.
- Commenced work on new nav window popping up even when profile manager
is up and mozilla is run for second time.
- Completed a couple of peer reviews.
- Assisted Ian in commercial build work for help system.
- Steve Morse
- 83625: session cookies no longer work. serious
regression which is present in beta release
- 81593: inefficient use of strlen. reviewed
previously, fell into a crack
- 84224: continually trying to open cookperm.txt
when it doesn't exist. regression occurred when
cookie interface was overhauled
- 84834: put password in the password-manager
API. change requested by mailnews team
- 83936: cookie test being built when
they weren't supposed to be. reporter
- Helped resolve the L12y of Form Manager. Final decision is that ability
to hide some panels using prefs is sufficient for this release.
- Started collecting supplemental focal feedback / peer reviews.
- Attended Turbo Mode meeting on Friday.
- Lots of bugs getting fixed.
- Triaging continues.
- Laptop upgrades much needed...
- Fixed bug 80419 "http should reclaim connections immediately"
- Fixed bug 73392 "ad blocking hosts file prevents page load"
- Checked in havill's patch for bug 80020 "Accept-Language, Accept-Charset format error"
- Fixed bug 75709 "expires header not honored"
- Fixed bug 35956 "file extension not changed but gzipped files expanded when saving"
- Fixed bug 84572 "networking deadlock while posing security UI and closing window"
- Fixed bug 83960 "HTTP/1.0 servers can legally send invalid Content-Length headers"
- Fixed bug 85822 "crash in nsHttpTransaction::Cancel"
- triaged bugs
- Investigated closed bugs 74647, 80601, 82948, 85083, 82948.
- Investigated reassigned bugs 84592, 85396, 85020, 86320, 86133.
- Working on bug 20838.
- Triaged bugs.
- Fixed bugs (57463, 57881, 82009, 85025, 84817, 85802)
- Submitted patches for bugs (64857)
- designed disk cache stream wrappers with Darin.
- Fixing the https/plugin problems.
- Fixed topcrashers related to threadpool assumptions about runnables.
- Large Standard URL Parser changes coming along. Seeking reviewers.
- fixed bug 38322 so that editor will be able to force the reload of an image from its source.
- close to being able to remove the old imagelib. (bug 78690)
- did lots of bug triaging
- attended the promotion review meeting
- helped triage bugs for the whole team
- completed focal review (for self at least)
- Fixed bug 72805
- video card died on my linux box
- need jrgm's page loader tests outside the firewall
Plans for next week
- fix more bugs for 0.9.2
- triage bugs
- land api changes.
- finish up with plugin hackin.
- fix my p1/p2 0.9.2 bugs.
- Continue working on 78690
- hit zero 0.9.2 bugs
- Hardware. My notebook sucks. Hard powers off at least once a day. I am worried about lossing data. Does anyone have a scsi pcmcia card?
The XML/DOM team has 1 PDT+ bug assigned to Harish. We are giving
it top priority.
Checked in fix for bug 83557 on the trunk, fix xmlextras for embedding.
If there are going to be any embedding builds from 0.9.1 branch this needs
to be taken into account.
Worked on 75700, we treat xmlns="" wrong, which affects CSS test results
for example, have fix.
Worked on 84136, made fix which removes strong ref to parser from XML document.
This did not yet fix the leak, though. Analyzed and worked on this some
more with harishd.
Worked on 64945, default view for XML without style.
Code reviews for harishd.
Was back from vacation on Wednesday.
Worked on bug 82971 ( have *a* fix in hand ).
Worked on bug 84136 ( MLK - no fix yet ).
Spent most of last week reviewing code for kmcclusk, and vidur.
Spent monday through wednesday at a DOM f2f meeting in Portland, OR.
Cought up on email after being away on vacation/DOM meeting for almost
Worked on exposing DOM JS object constructors and prototypes in mozilla.
Superreviewed a bunch of random changes.
Checked in fix for bug 84564 (Content-Style-Type no longer working)
Checked in fix for bug 83612 (Correct/cleanup style loading code in content)
Worked on remaining 0.9.2 bugs. I started work on redesigning output generation
in Transformiix to fix several bugs at once, but this means I'll probably
need to postpone two of my 0.9.2 bugs
Did some reviews
Triaged 0.9.2 bugs
Set up new machine and build environments on new machine
Continued investigation of crasher bugs
Fixed a regression caused by the CheckLoadURI policy
Tested signed scripts on all platforms - some issues remain
Working on a fix for a serious security bug discovered by Jesse (86019)
Filed security bugs: 86019*, 86028, 86147*, and reopened 77485 (* = netscape
confidential as of 6/15).
Filed other bugs: 85092 (invalid), 85828, 85831, 85832, 85833.
Fixed and awaiting review: menu/keyboard bug 79898.
Tried XUL attacks.
Tried Buffer overflow attacks.
Met Mitch Stoltz and got a brain dump of security.
Attended the focal performance review meeting
Wrote peer reviews
Completed self assessment
Plans for the next week
Check in fixes in my tree.
Work on 64945.
Work on bug 84136, and 49539.
Triage my untargeted bugs.
Attend embedding staff meeting.
Continue working on my mozilla0.9.2 work (i.e. exposing DOM JS constructors
and prototypes in mozilla)...
Work on/check in fixes for my 0.9.2 bugs
Work on output generation redesign (and maybe finish it)
Help to try to get lexer/parser patch in for 0.9.2
Work on fixing bugs in 0.9.2 buglist to bring down bugcount
Check in several security fixes
Begin pre-RTM security reviews
Work with Mitch to find out why we're having so much trouble using signtool
to sign scripts.
Update configurable security policy docs (81467).
to access JS console doesn't work.
- the team resolved 51 bugs for the time period 10 June 2001 - 16 June
- there are 14 moz0.9.2 open bugs at this time (8 are fixed and in the
review phase or waiting for the tree to open)
- Akkana is on sabbatical and is scheduled to return on 25 June
- checked in fixes for: 83363, 83743, 84417
- fixed: 84417, 73605 ate dogfood
- triaged bugs
- have one 0.9.2 bug left (57913) but I cannot get middlemouse button
paste to work on windows which has made this bug difficult for me to work
on. I have ended up working on why middlemouse paste button DOESN'T
work on windows
- vacation Wednesday through Monday
- did triage the 9.2 bug list and unconfirmed bug list
- gathered additional data for focals
- 0.9.2 bugs fixed and checked in:
- 78351 Make Image Properties dialog preview image work and get natural
width and height information. This was a real bear! After lots of dependencies
and new bugs found with image cache and network code, I finally got a solution
that completely works. This bug is now only dependent on Pavlov checking in
his fix for 82431, and a null-pointer check problem (85981) I actually
fixed the later, but DougT claims that pointer (nsIURI::mScheme) should never
be null. He will follow up to make what they think is the "right fix." I suggested
at least putting in some assertion code.
- 71743, 71973, 71027, 73167. All of the new Advanced Properties Editor
code finished. Thanks to Kin and Kathy for their heroic efforts to test and
review this work.
- 85254, 77427. Minor UI fixes in Table dialogs.
- Did lots of talking with other engineers while in M.V. on Wednesday
to be sure issues in other groups received the proper attention. Primarily
for bugs 82431, 82563, and 84879. These need to be monitored to be sure they
are fixed in 0.9.2 timeframe.
- Last minute work on focal reviews
- Beth left a list of priority bugs. Also added to this list are
bugs she left at 092 and didn't mention on her list. Here is their
- 52675 - pushed off
- 54539 - fix in hand; not yet checked in
- 57477 - fixed; checked in
- 54520 - fix in hand; not yet checked in
- 57989 - fixed; checked in
- 62577 - fixed; checked in
- 66579 - fixed; checked in
- 62347 - fix in hand; not yet checked in
- 69320 - in progress
- 74722 - in progress
- 68038 - fixed; checked in
- 60867 - fix in hand; not yet checked in
- 83501 - in progress
- 69760 - fixed; checked in
- 61232 - fix in hand; not yet checked in
- 82421 - in progress
- 68038 - pushed off
- lots of testing and code reviews for Charley
- lots of testing and a code review for Joe
- filed bugs
- triage team bug list
- discussed bug 68167 (escaping of certain characters in JS handler
attributes) with Beth and Kin and came up with a patch; e-mailed jst but
haven't heard from him yet. I think there is a bug in the parser (how
it handles JS attributes with entities) but will clarify with Beth before
filing a bug.
- got a cable modem and firewall installed (hurray!!!!!)
- got my SERA pin reset
- Lots of code reviews for people in and outside our group.
- Helped cmanske test and review various revisions of his fixes for Advanced
- Various discussions with several people on how to approach/fix problems
they are working on.
- Checked in fixes for 83946 and 62577 (fixes 3 separate list bugs).
- Triaged and did some preliminary debugging for various editor bugs.
- Traded some email with people that are using the TransactionManager
for an external project.
- Currently helping jfrancis out with some of his 0.9.2 bugs.
- Fixed bug 85514 -- serious synchronization issue in Mac NSPR caused
download stalls and other network badness.
- Fixed bug 82474; fix debug builds so that the console doesn't get
the way of command dispatching.
- Did team focal reviews.
- Code reviews.
- no major complaints this week
There is lots happening this summer, here is the current schedule for the
- Beth: 13 June - 18 June, and 25 June
- Charley: 18 June - 2 July
- Daniel: 4 June - 22 June
- Joe: sabbatical 9 July - 17 August
- Kathy: 2 July - 6 July
- Kin: 28 June - 6 July
- Mike: 4 & 5 June, 2 August - 10 August, sabbatical 20 August
- 1 October
- Simon: 16 July - 31 July