- Have a solution to delay the invalidates associated with visual changes
and batch the resulting paint message with the paint message generated from
reflow invalidates. It eliminates flicker when
performing animations through the DOM. (see bug 36849). This should also improve performance since fewer paints are generated.
- Printing current selection - Initial approach of using code from the editor for printing the selection will
not work correctly. The new idea is to create a new document, create a
presshell for the document and then attach an editor to the document, then paste
the selection and then print it.
- Rod Spears tentatively will be on Sabbatical from Mid May thru Mid
July of 2001
Priorities for next week
- Don Cone
- Work on supporting frame set printing
- SMIL meeting
- bug triage
- Rod Spears
- 63426 - Printing the selected object needs to be supported
63006 - Crash clicking item in select size="1" with <optgroup>'s
Get fixes checked in
- Waqar Malik
- Eric Pollmann
- Kevin McCluskey
- 36849 - synchronous reflow and synchronous paint interact poorly.
Need to test my patch on Mac and Linux, get code reviews and check in.
- Entire page redraws as images animate
- bug triage
- Don Cone
- Worked on frameset printing.
- Worked with Steve Clark and Eric Pullman
trying to get a handle on the frame printing problem.
- Printing Feature Meeting
- SMIL W3 meeting
- triaged bugs.
- Rod Spears
- Worked On/Triaged
62739 - List reverts when going back to query page (more investigation)
63426 - Printing the selected object needs to be supported
63494 - Comboxes do not size correctly (this may be a WORKFORME)
63910 - Width of select option box increases (no solution)
63578 - dis-allow right clicking over html selects (no solution)
64215 - submit button should look selected when dealing with form with
only one text field (need to check the spec)
62573 - OnChange events are not being sent at the right times for selects
(more investigation is needed)
64079 - Drop-down listbox should disappear when it loses focus
61274 - Remove unneeded NS_DEFINE_IID in layout
58212 - forms in hidden layer not completely invisible
57580 - Can still select disabled listbox items
63722 - <button> appears disabled
63329 - Crash in nsListControlFrame::GetOptionFromContent
- Waqar Malik
- Eric Pollmann
- Kevin McCluskey
- Reviewed BIDI code.
to discuss BIDI code review.
- Attended Printing
- Monthly W3C reps
- Participated in weekly SVG
- Updated Printing
- Worked on:
- synchronous reflow and synchronous
paint interact poorly
- Filed new bugs:
- 63258 Over 100k of
XUL code was not accessed after loading
60 of the top 100 using
- 63333 - Reduce printing
- 63335 - Restructure
view manager to allow for SVG
- 63426 -
Printing the selected object
needs to be
- 63427 -
Printing the selected
frame or all frames in a
frameset document needs
- Can still select disabled listbox items
- Select boxes rendering weird when using CSS to size the control small
- type of a BUTTON should default to submit
- 53457 - multiple items can be selected in select size=1 or in single select listbox
- 50376 - Cannot select with DOM option on dynamically created SELECT element
- 62442 - Incorrect extended selection behavior in listboxes
- 63310 - Images can crash on printing
- 3322- Bugscape - Proposed new method in nsIImage to get at native data
- 64079 - Drop-down listbox should disappear when it loses focus
- 52279 - Dead code in nsWindow.cpp/nsWindow.
Investigating bugs 62359, 59609, 62388, and 64273.
Revised AsyncWrite changes.
bugs 62575, 63564, 61706, 61301 reassigned
bugs 49799, 57075 closed
triaged bugs and added them to their respective meta bugs
investigated bugs 62981, 63365
currently investigating bugs 43713, 59975
Found and fixed leaking socket transports at shutdown as well as lost OnStopRequests,
due to pending events never being handled by xpcom shutdown (63565)
Got Jud Valeski to review my massive FTP changes.
Reviewed dbragg's xpcom/threads/nsIProcess changes.
Design for cache seems complete.
Preparing for final cache design review.
GDB is acting very poorly. This is a known and unresolved problem (57051)
Gagan not back from India yet.
Plans for next week
work on 43713, 59975
more bug triage
Publish documentation on Cache Manager changes, and begin implementing
Brian Ryner has accepted our offer, and will join the XPToolkit team
as a regular full-time employee in July! - WOO HOO!!!
The XPToolkit team resolved 107 bugs in the last 3 weeks, fixing 42 of
these. For details, see our
Everyone is back from their holiday/vacations, well-rested and rarin' to
Mike Pinkerton (pinkerton)
- fixed win32's nsImage to always give device-independent bitmap when asked
- more work on mac scrollwheel (bug 7347)
- tab makes xpmenus go away (bug 56381)
- cleaned up nsIClipboardCommand APIs, per directions (bugs 46867,
- helped get two make-mac-suck-less fixes onto branch
- applied patch for dropping multiple items from desktop in win32 (bug
Chris Saari (saari)
- assisted bryner with event debugging for bug 49273, buttons don't visibly
depress on linux when the moons are in alignment.
- played pointy head.
- began more rigorous testing of 58957. Also investigating
fixing more plugin event bug fixes.
Daniel Matejka (danm)
- Mostly fixed some bugs. I'm about done with my Mozilla 0.8 list.
- Started attending the Komodo API meedings. Now have improved
direction for my Komodo windowing tasks.
Eric Vaughan (evaughan)
Working on scattered performance areas, nothing dramatic to report.
Found a way to shrink box size significantly.
Stuart Parmenter (pavlov)
- 63844 Many urls breaking the embedded browser
- 34256 crash on exit (as first action)
- 35954 Frequent crash in clipboard
David Hyatt (hyatt)
Helped DR with XBL documentation.
Reviewed MSAA APIs and started planning for accessibility in XPToolkit.
Dan Rosen (dr)
- lots of pounding on XBL language spec for submission asap to W3C
- some preliminary work on XUL spec for submission soon
Brian Ryner (bryner)
- Lots of tree cleanup of dead code (bugzilla 38061/55778, bugscape 3546)
- Checked in patch for 61623 by rods
- Don't fetch the system setting for scroll lines on each scroll (63904)
- Fix crash mousewheel scrolling over textarea with overflow:hidden
- Fix mousedown behavior with some window managers on Unix (49273)
my moz0.8 bugs, image copying, and a crash regression in clipboard
- getting traction on imglib and event bugs and new work progress for
Help on accessibility plan.
Continue on XBL spec.
Shrink box size significantly. Get this checked in
Work with Pierre on style reduction now that he is back from vacation
Bug fixing for mozilla 0.8
Identify dialog tasks that can be done by others in parallel.
API and perhaps implementation of component-level, embedding-friendly
version of the window manager (nsWindowMediator)
- finish XBL spec
- grab some bugs and fix them
- 59228 (performance issue during ftp directory listing)
- Re-target more of my bugs to Mozilla 0.8 and work on
Still don't have hard requirements for accessibility in XPToolkit or
embedded Gecko. We'll be meeting on 1/9 to try to nail the embedding
Brian Ryner has accepted a full-time job offer from Netscape and will
be starting in July, but continuing as a part-time intern for now.
We could not be happier - WOO HOO!!!
- PSM/NSS build integration
- Tested Javi's psm/nss integration patches (bug 60912)
- Met with PSM/NSS/Mozilla staff about integrating PSM changes
- Landed modified version of PSM build changes into tree causing
2+ weeks of build havoc
- Standalone build system (bug 57282)
- Added build/unix/uniq.pl to replace inline perl script
- Added psm module
- Split directory list into cvs dirs and build dirs
- Removed -DXPCOM_STANDALONE from config.mk
- NSPR Autoconf
- Sync'd Makefile=>Makefile.in changes previously missed
- Worked on win32 build (bug 58804)
- Requires bourne compatible shell + unix utils or perl
- Added BSDI knowledge to configure.in
- Updated config.guess & config.sub to GNU cvs versions
- Ports - BeOS
- Closed out older m8-era bugs
- Bug 62680 - [BeOS] keyboard input implemented, some fix on nsWindow
- Bug 55674 - timer under BeOS fixed
- Bug 64121 - [BeOS] clicking on normal links didn't work - patch
- Bug 63649 - [BeOS] nsAppShell::DispatchNativeEvent() implemented
- Bug 63646 - [BeOS] workaround of port capacity bug
- Working on nsWindow::Enable() implementation (bug 64549)
- Working on resize w/o repaint issue (bug 64558)
- Working on adding multiple cursors (bug 63640)
- Ports - Solaris
- Bug 63173 - [RFE] nightly builds should not use v8+
- Bug 64432 - the option --enable-ultrasparc does not seem to be working
- Ports - BSDI
- Upgraded muerte to BSDI 4.0.
- shlicc2 (hacked gcc 188.8.131.52) is having build problems
As of yet have failed to get any gcc more recent to compile
- Fixed cross-compiling problems
- Fixed various ports tinderbox bustage
Everyone is back from the holidays and Kathy will be back next week from
Team resolved 38 bugs since 12/23/00
Finalizing the mozilla0.9 schedule
Individual Status Updates
Rewrote the editor output API and implementation, sharing duplicated code
and simplifying the API.
Commented out some debug statements from linux clipboard code.
Fixed output of lists in unformatted mode.
17686: implemented a pref for controlling image animation. Reviewed,
56072: fixed control-left/right bindings on Unix (checked in).
33088: Cleaned up the patch cleaning up and eliminating duplicate code
in the various editor output routines. (sr'ed, awaiting more reviews.)
Checked in the fix for 62398: commented out a bunch of debug prints.
Worked on more range bugs, specifically 62796, which WAS fixed, but backed
it out due to a wrong implementation of the spec.
Worked on (and fixed) keybinding bug 59003. Just waiting on a r=
to check it in.
Worked on other range and selection bugs.
Fix bugs, concentrating on table editing issues. Discovered and fixed multiple
row or column selection problem (bug 63439)
More UI bug fixing: E.g: 63509 Bad tooltip text and other pref dialog problems,
47037 "..." in property menuitems, 56541 Advanced edit dialog.
Bug fixes checked in:
- 55150 Handling escaped characters in <title> in HTML Source editor.
- 64093 Can't select multiple rows/cols
- 47037 Add "..." to list property menuitem
- 51396 Table layout pref and tooltip text (needs review)
- 63509 Bad tooltip text in Image dialog
- 56541 Advanced edit dialog
- 60125 List Properties dialog remains on the screen
- 53539 Editing existing named anchor -- allow OK if no change.
- 60669 Remove JS warnings in EdDialogCommon.js
- 60631 Remove JS warnings in EdColorPicker.js
- 60850 Radio buttons for table or cell background in color picker.
- 59654 Replace all "onkeyup" with "oninput" for textfields.
- 63947 nsWindowEnumerator::GetNext() doesn't get window of correct
type the first time used
Bugs fixed - not checked in yet:
- 62386 Enable OK in link dialog
- 53275 Initialize disable states for color pickers in pref dialog
- 55879 Get/Set halign default attribute depending on TH (center)
vs. TD (left)
- 55991 Right click in empty cell should place caret before context
popup menu appears.
received the first computer we ordered ; spent a lot of time configuring
everything but it seems now to be ok; building from scratch in 53 minutes.
The other Dell box should arrive next week ; no news from the mac.
finished CSS 3 Selectors document; should go to Last Call Working Draft
on monday 8th. Will be submitted to css&fp wg monday morning, european
still looking at the style system's code
helped Netscape France with the local cryptology regulatory authorities
proposed to organize an informal dinner (_not_ a working meeting) in paris
for european contributors to mozilla
Misc administrative tasks for editor group while beppe was catching up
on mail etc. (Status reports, triage incoming bugs, etc)
Several code reviews for cmanske, sfraser, akkana, anthonyd.
Helped smfr code review the editor portions of the IBM BIDI code.
Worked a tiny bit on Replace. I just need to make sure it builds on Mac
and get various people to review it before I check in.
Various discussions with anthonyd.
Read and commented on Daniel's CSS1 Editor proposal, and had a chat with
him regarding up coming CSS proposals.
Triaged, created test cases, and did some preliminary debugging for various
Integrated Buster's patches for GetPrimaryFrame (bug #56432) and GetFrameForPoint
(bug #51938) into my local tree and tried them out on a couple of pages
that seem to kill selection:
Unfortunately those pages are still unacceptably slow, though with
buster's changes, it now seems that IndexOf(), called by the content iterators
that the selection code uses, may be the culprit.
<< the server was down and couldn't access his status report >>
Checked in the for for 62791 (realloc fix for Mac) onto the super-sekret
branch (Note: Netscape-internal item!)
Checked in fix to change images on Mac to use PixMaps, rather than GWorlds
(bugs 57327, 57835), which helps with low-memory situations
Almost ready to check in a big patch for bugs 62567, 47553 for various
conversions from nsFileSpec to nsIFile, and to the new file picker in editor.
Wrote up a document on command dispatching in editor, to act as the basis
for an embedding-oriented redesign.
Code review for BiDi (found some issues)
Code review for Akkana
Other smaller build system code reviews
slow progress with everyone out for several days over the last few weeks,
but we are now getting back on track
what's with the mail server ns-mail1 -- it's been up and down for the last
getting everyone back from vacation, etc will be great.
- Resolved as fixed
- David did more work on offline. You can startup offline and load imap
folders and newsgroups while offline without errors. "Get Selected
Messagesfor Offline Use" is working for IMAP. If a newsgroup is configuredfor
offline use, when you read a news message, it will get put in the offline
store for that newsgroup.You can now read news messages offline, if they've
been downloaded for offline use. One caveat: There's lots of work remaining
for offline use, and it is not useable yet. He added backend support formessage
retention settings - currently only hooked up for news, so that youcan limit
either the number of headers retained for a newsgroup, or the ageof the headers
retained for a newsgroup. There's no UI for this, but you canset server defaults
via preferences. This backend support could be extendedto support things
like aging of trash folders. He did some performance workon local folder
operations, especially batching deletion of multiple messages.He also fixed
the local folder compaction bug.
- Varada worked on memory leaks and a number of compose window frontend
bugs. He made it so that if you bring up a compose window without having
an account the compose window will continue to work after filling in the
account.He fixed attach file related bugs and he started working on HTML
and PlaintextDomains for sending mail.
- Scott M. made it so that you can see link information when mousingover
a link in the message pane.
- Navin made it so that you can delete folders from a POP trash folder,
he fixed a number of rename folder bugs, and he made it so that emptying
aPOP trash folder also deletes all of the trash's subfolders.
- Seth fixed a bug that was preventing POP biff from working all of the
time. He added the Mark toolbar button to the toolbar when using news.
He made thread pane views persist per folder and implemented threads with
unread messages. He made it so that double clicking on a column no longer
opens the selected message in a standalone message window. He added
support for logging into accounts at startup. He helped with getting
numerous patches into the tree including the play biff sound patch mentioned
- Jean-Francois worked on printing in the compose window and Apple double
and single encoding
- Bhuvan has fixes ready involving more work on logging into accounts
at startup. He also worked on making a summary page at the end of the
account wizard setup, and he's made the account wizard show the right email
examples depending on the type of account you are creating. Next week
he plans to work on improved Get Msgs functionality and the new account page
that will appear in the 3 pane when an account is selected.
- email@example.com made it so that biff can play a sound whenit
- Håkan Waara changed some text in the compose window menus.
- Henrik Gemal provided patches and suggestions for better wordingin
parts of the mail ui. He also fixed some js warnings
- Naoki Hotta added an override field to db to support folder levelcharset
- firstname.lastname@example.org fixed some js warnings.
- Jarrod Gray fixed some js warnings
- Andrew Taylor made it so that imported accounts can be deleted
- Blake Ross made it so that shift-tab will work in the 3 pane and he
fixed some js warnings
- Daniel Bratell made it so that format=flowed support can be disabled.
- Ben Bucksch posted
<news://news.mozilla.org/3A435D43.email@example.com> to .mail-news
wrt his intentions, requirements and questions about ISP support.
He is looking for feedback.
- Jennifer updated the following specs:
- Jennifer posted a proposal
for sending feedback in the compose window.
- The XML/DOM team resolved ~
- Arena allocated parser nodes and fixed all ( I think
) the node leaks!
- Analyzed bug 63997 (FORM submit problem on a JS page
) and came up with a reduced case.
- Analyzed bug 61107 (attribute-entity problem ) and
understood the reason.
- Worked on a partial fix for bug 63833 ( viewsource
ignoring charset ).
- Worked on a patch, provided by blizzard, for bug 58344
(iostream removal), to be in sink with Vidur's recent parser changes.
- Checked in fixes for bugs 56070,62954,59189.
- Attended memory footprint meeting.
- Set up new machine (thx to Chris Saari for the help)
- Contacted some XSLT sites to have them use the right
MIME type for .xsl files so we can test them with Transformiix
- Worked on .xpi's for Transformiix
- Triaged joki's bugs.
- Triaged nisheeth's bugs, reassigned a few to me.
- Fixed 63560, html:script contents were missing from
- Fixed 45420, createCDATASection should check for input
']]>', slightly modified the patch from Taras Tielkes.
- Checked in the fix from James Clark, bug 34168, we
were crashing with double %-sign in parameter entity.
- Worked on 44564, view source messes up internal subset
(have fix, need testing & reviews).
- Worked on 64448, comments pop out of internal subset
(have fix, need testing & reviews).
- Closed 45552 (again).
- Resolved 55844 (duplicate).
- Conferred with rpotts about how to solve the problem
of peeking/forking data from an input stream (bug 49572).
- Looked at crash data for potential XML/DOM team issues.
Plans for next week
- To land the parser node changes.
- Work on crucial bugs.
- Attend memory footprint meeting and Phil's weekly staff
- Triage my bug list.
- Finally provide .xpi's for Transformiix (if i get the
necessary build machines)
- Learn more about streams so I could eventually fix
- Start looking at how to break content from layout.
- Held group Offsite/Kickoff on Friday
- Triage has slowed down, we need to push hard to complete it this week
- Matt finished pre-triage of Sidebar bugs
- Morse has patches for a bunch of Password/Form/Cookies bugs
- Thanks to Marcia for facilitating at the Offsite and Kim for setting
- Complete Nav Triage
- Complete Sidebar Triage
- Schedule Features and Bugs into Mozilla0.8 and Mozilla0.9 milestones
- Not predictable as to when super-reviews are obtained for bugs.
- Alec Flett will take a 1 month leave of absence in Jan-Feb
- Vishy on sabbatical Feb10-Mar 25.
- Paul Chen will run group while Vishy's out.