- Met with Jud's embedding team to get handoff on embedding
issues for XPToolkit.
- Aaron Leventhal is now onsite, working on the mozilla accessibility
project, helping us make all the apps usable for those with impaired eyesight
(some of whom are developers). Please join us in welcoming him, and helping
him out where we can.. He'll be here for at least the next
The XPToolkit team resolved 38 bugs in the last week, fixing 20 of these. For details,
- Mike Pinkerton (pinkertoni)
- moved htmlBindings over to res/ and got rid of XUL/chrome dependency
- added selectors to lookNFeel that check AppearanceManager for
scrollbar arrow positions
- helped hyatt andd smart-scrolling to XUL scrollbars for mac
- 54003 text controls do not appear in viewer
- 7347 Unable to use mousewheel on Mac
- 61485 Menus can't be
single click-drag selected
- Chris Saari (saari)
- Investigated plugin issues, and attempted to fix bug 58957 (mac
plugins don't get key events) without a total rewrite of plugins. Ran
into style resolution issues that I need style guru help with.
- 45390 <TEXTAREA>
Back/Forward Arrow keys jump 2 chars instead of 1
- Daniel Matejka (danm)
- 55032 window.open delayed until toolbar buttons moused over
- 56337 Dialogs posed from Web pages crash entire app
- 55261 GTK modal dialog locks up browser when installing plugin
- 58119 Trying to customize my.aol.com immobilizes app
- 53621 Window moved to
offscreen position messages are
- Eric Vaughan (evaughan)
- Pierre, Mark, and I all agreed on a plan to change call sites and get metrics for CSS usage.
- Came up with a basic design to shrink style contexts
- working on some prototyping of the new data structure
- Stuart Parmenter (pavlov)
- Met with memory team to discuss how to lower our footprint.
Spent some time looking at the amount of memory allocate
for images on unix.
- David Hyatt (hyatt)
- worked with pink to implement smartscrolling prefs support for gfx
scrollbars on mac
- landed mutation events
- 55595 Implement DOM Level 2 Mutation Events
- worked on c++ interface support for xbl
- worked with beng to make sizable popups
- XBL forms
- have mac and win32 buttons working with <input> and <button> in HTML
- have the multi-row select mapping to a tree widget in HTML
- 61120 display:none as a parent of XBL's children = crash
- 61334 drop down menu highlight and submenus not functioning correc
- 51264 Move GetInsertionPoint into the frame manager.
- 61179 Deleting menuitem causes crash
- 51431 [XBL] Use display attr for display type instead of extends
- 16277 Scroll bars
should follow user's Smart Scrolling preference
- Brian Ryner (bryner)
- Re-fixed building without psm-glue (61219)
- Lots of progress on mousewheel bugs (29244, 50339, 42313,
- Dan Rosen (dr)
- thoroughly wasted my entire week trying, and miserably failing, to get
bison to generate mozilla-friendly (or at least c++-friendly) parser code.
- got familiar with re2c (which does manage to generate mozilla-friendly
- more xpath development (see
- triaged bug list for embedding.
- joined w3c xsl working group.
- Little tangible progress on plan/schedule, mostly just better understanding
of known issues. Actually discovered a possible major requirement for accessibility
in Gecko, need to follow.
- Firm up plan and schedule for embedding Gecko
- continue working on reducing footprint.
- get mousewheel fixes tested, reviewed, landed
- significant cache planning underway
- gagan on vacation from Dec. 12 for 3 weeks.
- Bugs closed: 47944, 58984, 60469, 52390, 47663, 45908, 58334
- Bugs evaluated and reassigned: 61306, 58355.
- Created MetaBugs for tracking: 61481, 61525, 61480, 61527, 61528, 61478, 61479, 61530, 61531, 61532, 61477
- cache design meetings
- generated meta bugs
- redesign of nsIChannel::AsyncWrite
- triaged bugs
- Cache design meetings.
- Completed first set of diagrams for HTTP.
- Bug triage.
- cache meetings to hash out cache work
- planning and generating swags for tasks
- breaking down tasks more finely
- design of AsyncWrite still to be decided.
- waiting for peer review on unix async DNS patch.
- Need your signature for Sabbatical Req.
Plans for the next week
- Take apart il_emit_row and isolate transforms and
- more work on new cache design
- more work on necko API changes
- more bug triaging
- Investigate HTTP/1.1 compliance
- Resolved as fixed
- Jean-Francois Ducarroz continued work on reply performance by looking
into message compose initialization
- Seth Spitzer fixed a number of subscribe bugs and made it so newsgroups
are threaded by default. He continued spending a lot of time answering questions
on the n.p.m.mail-news newsgroup. He also posted to n.p.m.mail-news
the results that he and Suresh got when trying to simulate random accessenumerators
on mail folders.
- Navin Gupta made it so that you can't rename or create a local folder
with a name that already exists. He also made it so that you can't move/copy
messages to a folder only folder.
- David Bienvenu continued the offline design/implementation and added
offline folder flags
- Varada Parthasarathi worked on general compose issues, in particular,
on memory leaks and on the handling of Account Wizard during compose with
a new profile.
60783 which makes it so that we delete news passwords when deleting
a news account
firstname.lastname@example.org worked on
61007 which speeds up the retrieval of newsgroups from the server.
- Blake Ross made it so you can drag and drop mail messages to the compose
- Bhuvan Racham finished the transition of the Profile Manager to Conrad.