- Resolved 25 bugs in the last week, fixing 13 of them.
See our resolved
bug list for details.
- Eric Vaughan has added support for page up/down and cursor
keys to XP scrollbars, and is getting very close to having them
ready for dogfood.
- Eric has also been working on a lightweight scroll pane in
hopes of getting rid of most native widgets.
- Mike also wrote a Perl script to help David Hyatt remove
refs to xul.css from all XUL files. (pinkerton, hyatt)
- Stuart Parmenter got menus patially dismissing on Unix, it
works if you click elsewhere in the app, still working on
clicks that switch you to another app. (pavlov)
- Pav also added code to get the view manager almost ready
to draw things based on regions and not rects which when finished
should make drawing faster XP. (pavlov)
- Pav also converted lots of widget headers to IDL and began
an overhaul of widget to fix interfaces. (pavlov)
- David Hyatt, Daniel Matejka and Chris Saari started fleshing
out a design for focus issues. (hyatt, matejka, saari)
- Dave also split XUL.css into 2 files, and ensured that they
are loaded once at startup (with help from a Perl script Mike
Pinkerton wrote), a performance win. (hyatt, pinkerton)
- Steve Dagley made some incremental improvements to Mac startup
time by tweaking NSPR's threshold for async reads.
- Chris Saari beat keybinding/key events into submission on
all platforms. He's pretty sure that things should be working
now. Until next week at least. (saari)
- Fix remaining bugs in XP scrollbars, finish testing absolute
positioning, check them in and enable them. (evaughan)
- Clean up XUL dialogs everywhere. (evaughan)
- Work with beard to get the view manager using regions to
draw have nsIWidget.idl built. (pavlov)
- Fix focus problems in dialogs. (pavlov)
- Fix blocker bugs, improve performance size and speed, polish
the UI, and in general make sure things don't suck for 'beta'.
- Land the new UI. (hyatt)
- Work on focus issues. (hyatt, saari, matejka)
- Improve Mac file I/O performance in Necko file channel code.
- A dynamic version of "character set" menu have been added,
based on RDF
- An "Auto Detect" menu has been added to change charset auto
detector. The default is "Off". It is very useful for non European
users- Try "Japanese" and browse some Japanese pages which do
not supply charset information in HTTP and/or HTML META tag. (for
. This menu will later merged into "character set" menu as a submenu.
Spent the entire week working on space related issues. We have
converted many of our xpcom components into xpcom modules which
allows us to cleanly shutdown a library. Doing this has allowed
the space team to hook up to the shutdown methods cleanup code
that releases library global data, thus helping reduce the noise
in purify and leaky logs.
I've also fixed a handful of smallish leaks on the way, and done
alot of work improving leaky to be more useable for this sort of
work. In particular, leaky now supports a "graph" and "dump to
html" capability that allows one to see a graph of the memory leaks
in html. You can use viewer/apprunner to view and manipulate the
Big news for Rhino this week! Norris
Boyd has checked in a classfile generation mode, which means
to Java bytecodes, making for fast execution. With a good
JIT compiler, some loops go all the way to machine code! See Norris'
slides from the mozilla
Codestock for details.
Roger Lawrence is continuing
to close in on ECMA-262 version 3 conformance with his work on
runtime errors to be caught as exceptions.