Installation Instructions for Mozilla Ports
This document outlines the system requirements, compatibility information and installation instructions for Mozilla 1.8a6
- OpenVMS Beta V7.1 or higher
- DECwindows MOTIF V1.2-4 or higher
- Compaq TCP/IP Services Version 5.0 for OpenVMS or higher, MultiNet V4.3A or higher, or TCPware V5.4-3 or higher.
- 65 MB of free hard disk space
See the Mozilla for OpenVMS Installation Guide and Release Notes at www.openvms.compaq.com for more information.
Solaris requires the installation of the following patches...
Solaris Patches/SPARC 2.7
- 106950-22 - "SunOS 5.7: linker patch"
- 106327-17 - "32-Bit Shared library patch for C++"
- 106300-18 - "64-Bit Shared library patch for C++"
- 108376-42 - "OpenWindows 3.6.1: Xsun Patch"
- 107650-08 - "OpenWindows 3.6.1 X11R6.4 Xprint Extension Patch"
- 107636-09 - "SunOS 5.7: X Input & Output Method patch"
- 112689-02 - "SunOS 5.7: UTF-8 locale ICONV patch"
- 109147-09 - "SunOS 5.8: linker patch"
- 108434-02 - "32-Bit Shared library patch for C++"
- 108435-02 - "64-Bit Shared library patch for C++"
- 108773-17 - "SunOS 5.8: IIIM and X Input & Output Method patch"
- 108652-65 - "X11 6.5.1: Xsun patch"
- 112963-05 - "SunOS 5.9: linker patch"
- 111711-03 - "32-Bit Shared library patch for C++"
- 111712-03 - "64-Bit Shared library patch for C++"
- 112661-04 - "SunOS 5.9: IIIM and X Input & Output Method patch"
- 112785-12 - "X11 6.6.1: Xsun patch"
- 65 MB of free hard disk space
- 128 MB of RAM
Requires Xprint to be installed for printing.
GISWxprintglue) package as drop-in way for installation.
- Requires GTK+ and glib libraries (libraries must be compiled with Sun Workshop/Forte. GTK+/glib compiled with gcc are incompatible with Mozilla binaries build with Sun Workshop/Forte, GTK+/glib libraries compiled with Sun Workshop/Forte are compatible to binaries compiled with both Sun Workshop and gcc. (Bug 136144, bug 141415, bug 186534 and many others)
- AIX 4.3.3 or higher
- Requires gtk+, glib, libiconv & gettext (compatible versions can be found at IBM's website)
- The HP-UX builds require gtk+, glib, libiconv & gettext from the appropriate site
- HP-UX 11.20 is based on the GTK (b6848ba) depot from HP's website for 11i V 1.6
- HP-UX 11.00 (& 11.11) is based on either GTK (b6848ba) from HP's website for 11.0/11i v 1.0 or the depots from The HP-UX Porting Center
- HP-UX 10.20 is based on the depots from The HP-UX Porting Center
When using a window manager from the twm family without the DecorateTransients option, pop-up windows such as Find, Save and Preferences will not function. To work around, set the DecorateTransients option in the window manager's rc file. (Bug 78928)
- This release requires updated C runtime DLLs (libc05) in order to run. Place them in the same directory as Mozilla.exe, or somewhere in your LIBPATH. This also applies if you install using mozilla-os2-1.8a2-installer.exe. The installer will not install the C runtime DLLs for you, but does require them in order to run.
- Minimum Requirements for Mozilla:
- Pentium-133 class CPU
- 64 MBytes RAM
- 70 MBytes free harddisk space plus
- 64 MBytes free swap space
- OS/2 Warp 4 (Merlin Kernel)
- Fixpack 15 or higher
- MPTS version 5.3 or higher
- TCP/IP version 4.1 or higher
- INETVER: SOCKETS.SYS=5.3007, AFOS2.SYS=5.3001, AFINET.SYS=5.3006 or higher
NOTE: Do not attempt to use MPTS & TCP/IP versions below these INETVER levels. Although Mozilla may seem to start and run normally with older stacks, some features Mozilla needs are not implemented correctly in older MPTS versions, which may result in crashes and data loss.
- Recommended for Mozilla:
- Pentium-II 266 MHz class CPU
- 128 MBytes RAM
- 150 MBytes free harddisk space plus
- 128 MBytes free swap space
- Fixpack 16
- MPTS version 5.5 or 6.0
- TCP/IP version 4.3
- INETVER: SOCKETS.SYS=6.2004, AFOS2.SYS=6.2000, AFINET.SYS=6.2013
- OS/2 Warp 4.52 Convenience Pack 2 (subscription)
- eCom Station 1.0 or higher
NOTE: MPTS 6 and FP 16 require a Software Choice subscription, the other upgrades are currently free of charge.