You are currently viewing a snapshot of www.mozilla.org taken on April 21, 2008. Most of this content is
highly out of date (some pages haven't been updated since the project began in 1998) and exists for historical purposes only. If
there are any pages on this archive site that you think should be added back to www.mozilla.org, please file a bug.
What's New in Mozilla 1.8 Alpha
This document outlines some of the new features implemented in Mozilla 1.8 Alpha5, important bugfixes and any new problems. See the "rough changelog" for a more comprehensive list of 1.8 Alpha5 fixes.
Under the Hood
- Experimental support for CSS3 columns enabled (see bug 251162).
- Untrusted documents can no longer load images from the user's hard drive (bug 69070).
- The "save as" code was changed to not use HEAD, fixing a whole slew of issues (bug 160454).
- Resizing the window no longer lays out background tabs (bug 227361).
- All known problems where view-source would not display some of the characters in the page (such as misplaced quotes) are now fixed. (ependencies of bug 57724).
- The XTF framework was enabled (bug 269859).
- Drop-caps rendering (with first-letter) is much better (bug 21616).
- A lot of problems with content flashing in several locations during reflow were solved by bug 238493.
- Persist printer settings when printing from web page using window.print() command (bug 156992).
These are items that have been added to the Known Issues page
since the last milestone, although the bugs themselves may have existed previously.