You are currently viewing a snapshot of www.mozilla.org taken on April 21, 2008. Most of this content is
highly out of date (some pages haven't been updated since the project began in 1998) and exists for historical purposes only. If
there are any pages on this archive site that you think should be added back to www.mozilla.org, please file a bug.
What's New in Mozilla 1.8 Alpha3
This document outlines some of the new features implemented in Mozilla 1.8 Alpha3, important bugfixes and any new problems. See the "rough changelog" for a more comprehensive list of 1.8 Alpha3 fixes.
- Users can now disable CSS via Use Style > None or a global preference (bug 32372.)
- It is now possible to open a bookmark in a new tab with ctrl+click/middle click (bug 72361.)
- ChatZilla now supports RTL text alignment (bug 250864.)
Under the Hood
- Mozilla now supports a at-rule for matching on site/document URL. Among other things, this makes site-specific user style rules possible (bug 238099.)
- Mozilla has support for translucent windows on Windows and GTK2. (bug 252067 and bug 252525.)
- The new npruntime plugin scriptability API has been added to Mozilla 1.8a3 (bug 250666.)
- Undetected document.all support has been added to Mozilla. (bug 248549.)
These are items that have been added to the Known Issues page
since the last milestone, although the bugs themselves may have existed previously.