You are currently viewing a snapshot of www.mozilla.org taken on April 21, 2008. Most of this content is
highly out of date (some pages haven't been updated since the project began in 1998) and exists for historical purposes only. If
there are any pages on this archive site that you think should be added back to www.mozilla.org, please file a bug.
What's New in Mozilla 1.6 Beta
This document outlines some of the new features implemented in Mozilla 1.6 Beta,
important bugfixes and any new problems. It is by no means a comprehensive list
of new features, fixes, or bugs. See the "rough changelog"
for a more comprehensive list of fixes.
- Mozilla 1.6 Beta includes a new cross-platform NTLM authentication mechanism. This feature brings NTLM authentication to the non-Windows Mozilla users for the first time and also delivers more robust and featureful NTLM support to users of older Windows versions.
- Developers fixed several security-related bugs in 1.6 Beta.
- "Translate Page" functionality has returned to this release of Mozilla.
- Chatzilla 0.9.48 has been merged, which adds RPL_ISUPPORT support, halfop mode support, and
properly masks key and password dialogs.
- Many crash bugs were fixed in Beta.
These are items that have been added to the Known Issues page
since the last milestone, although the bugs themselves may have existed previously.
- The autocomplete popup in the browser and the mail compose windows will collapse if the user attempts to scroll the list by clicking on the popup's scrollbar. This is bug 225893 and should be fixed for 1.6.