You are currently viewing a snapshot of www.mozilla.org taken on April 21, 2008. Most of this content is
highly out of date (some pages haven't been updated since the project began in 1998) and exists for historical purposes only. If
there are any pages on this archive site that you think should be added back to www.mozilla.org, please file a bug.
What's New in Mozilla 1.6 Alpha
This document outlines some of the new features implemented in Mozilla 1.6 Alpha,
important bugfixes and any new problems. It is by no means a comprehensive list
of new features, fixes, or bugs. See the "rough changelog"
for a more comprehensive list of fixes.
- One of the most requested Mozilla Mail features, optional separate Recipient and Sender columns in thread pane, has been implemented.
- Backend support for Navigator windows to be layered or anchored "always in front" or "always in back" has been added. You can get the UI extension Window Layers from mozdev.org to try the feature (not working for Linux).
- One step closer to the kitchen sink, about:about has been implemented. Typing about:about in the address field will give the user a nice list of available about:s.
- Another massively requested MailNews feature, a preference for placing the user's signature above the quoted text, has been added.
- The View Source window now has reload functionality.
- "Remove from server after x days" has been implemented for POP3 mail accounts.
- vCard support has been added to Mozilla Mail.
These are items that have been added to the Known Issues page
since the last milestone, although the bugs themselves may have existed previously.