by Suresh Duddi
The Pre-Checkin Tests
- Run mozilla -ProfileManager and select a profile to start with. Mac users please invoke Mozilla Profile Manager
- Use File | Open Web Location... to visit http://my.netscape.com. Click on a link
- In the url bar type and visit a url of choice
- Open Edit | Preferences... and change any preference of choice. Click OK
- Send a mail message
- Read a mail message if you can use mozilla to read mail messages.
- ftp: Visit a ftp url of choice (or) ftp://ftp.mozilla.org
- view-source: View | Page Source on page of choice
These tests need to be very short that developers dont flinch at the list, effective in testing a breadth of technology focusing on the critical and frequent regressions. The ultimate goal is to prevent the tree from being closed for verification for long periods.
- Run the must tests before you checkin any code.
- These tests are the minimum bar. You should still continue doing, in addition to the precheckin tests, any change specific testing that you feel required.
- We highly recommend testing your changes against the Recommended tests too.
- If the tests fail, and you don't think you are to blame, then
- Add a comment to the tinderbox log
- Mail the hook
- Proceed with your checkin
We expect these tests to morph over time as these will include an element of current frequently broken area. We will need a way to indicate changes happening to this list. We will work on these in the days to come.