Installation Quality Assurance
I Want To Help Test!
There's no such thing as "too much testing!"
In the spirit of open source development, the folks responsible for the quality of the Netscape branded client are bringing the Net community into every stage of the development process, including Quality Assurance (QA) and are currently identifying people who would like to help out. This help can come in many different forms:
- Testing clean and upgrade installs as well as the Prefs Migrator using XPInstall to download components from the web
- Testing with different hardware configurations
- Identifying usability problems
- Giving feedback on existing test specifications and test cases
- Writing test specifications and test cases
- Identifying bugs and verifying bugs
- Or really, help in any form at all from people who have extra time and want to help make a better product!
Installation QA tests the Mozilla Installers on all three platforms, Win98/NT/2000/ME/XP, Mac OS X, Linux. The various setup types, Browser only, Complete, Custom are tested on all these platforms.
Want to help? Go to the get started page.
Thanks for your interest!