You are here: Test Case Matrix for cross-platform navigator features > Test Case Description for nonexistent URL
Test Case Description for nonexistent URL
Test opening a nonexistent (bogus) web location (URL).
The Open Web Location dialog should already be opened in the browser.
- In the textfield enter the URL http://www.mozilla.org/lizard-eats-all/blarg.html.
- Select Current Navigator window from the droplist, if it isn't already displayed there.
- Click the Open button (or hit Enter).
- The dialog should go away.
- Since this page doesn't exist (well, it shouldn't ;-), the
page that loads should display the typical 404 error:
Not Found: The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it.