You are here: Test Case Matrix for cross-platform navigator features > Test Case Description for nonexistent local file
Test Case Description for nonexistent local file
Test opening a nonexistent (bogus) local file.
The Open Web Location dialog should already be opened in the browser.
- Click the Choose File... button.
- In the resulting file picker dialog, enter the filename of a file
which doesn't exist locally on your machine, eg,
- Navigate to your desktop location, or stay at whatever directory the file picker is currently at.
- Enter fibble-diddle-teehee.html.
- Click Open in the file picker to dismiss it.
- Select Current Navigator window from the droplist, if it isn't already displayed there.
- Click the Open button (or hit Enter).
- After step #3, the full path and filename should appear in the textfield of the Open Web Location dialog.
- After the last step, the dialog should go away.
- Since this page doesn't exist (well, it shouldn't ;-), the
page that loads should display the typical 404 error:
Not Found: The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it.