You are here: Test Case Matrix for Search > Test Case Description for sidebar-change-engine
Test Case Description for sidebar-change-engine
This basic testcase is designed to verify that a user can change the search engine used to conduct searches.
- Open a new browser window.
- All prefs should be set to their defaults (new profile).
- Run the single-search test first.
- In the dropdown box after the word "using" select a different search engine.
- Click the "Search" Button next to the textfield.
- Repeat steps 2-3 as desired.
- Search results from the chosen search engine should load in the browser window.
- Results should load in the Search tab as well.
- Search results in the search tab should be prefixed by an icon representing the new search engine - for each result.