You are currently viewing a snapshot of www.mozilla.org taken on April 21, 2008. Most of this content is
highly out of date (some pages haven't been updated since the project began in 1998) and exists for historical purposes only. If
there are any pages on this archive site that you think should be added back to www.mozilla.org, please file a bug.
Skip to main content
Test Case Description for: Basic Navigation
Author: Sarah Liberman
|Dismiss Preferences without making any changes.
Preferences dialog should already be opened in the browser.
- Select the Navigator category if isn't already displayed in the right
panel of the dialog.
- In the "Home page" section, go into the Location textfield
and delete its contents.
- Enter the URL http://www.mozillazine.org/ into the Location
- Dismiss without saving the changes by clicking the Cancel button
of the Preferences dialog.
- Quit the browser.
- Go into your profile directory and view the contents of the prefs.js
file (see results below).
- Close prefs.js.
- Restart the browser and open the Preferences dialog.
- Verify the info in the Navigator panel.
- The line in prefs.js beginning with user_pref("browser.startup.homepage"
<etcetc>) should not have changed at all.
- Upon reopening the Preferences, the Navigator panel should display
the previous URL written there.
FYI: The default home page for Mozilla is http://www.mozilla.org.
The default home page for Netscape 6 is http://home.netscape.com/index1.html.