You are currently viewing a snapshot of www.mozilla.org taken on April 21, 2008. Most of this content is
highly out of date (some pages haven't been updated since the project began in 1998) and exists for historical purposes only. If
there are any pages on this archive site that you think should be added back to www.mozilla.org, please file a bug.
Skip to main content
Test Case Description for: Changing a preference
Author: Sarah Liberman
|Change and save a preference.
Preferences dialog should already be opened in the browser.
- Select the Navigator category if isn't already displayed in the right
panel of the dialog.
- In the "Home page" section, go into the Location textfield
and delete its contents.
- Enter the URL http://www.mozillazine.org/ into the Location
- Save and dismiss the Preferences dialog by clicking the OK button.
- Quit the browser.
- Go into your profile directory and view the contents of the prefs.js
file (see results below).
- Close prefs.js.
- Restart the browser and verify that the URL of the startup page is
the same as what you entered in step #3.
- Open the Preferences dialog.
- Verify changes to the Navigator panel.
- The prefs.js file in your profile directory should now have
the following line:
Upon restarting the browser, the startup page should be http://www.mozillazine.org/.
Upon reopening the Preferences, the Navigator panel should display
- user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://www.mozillazine.org/");