You are here: Test Case Matrix for Drag & Drop > Test Case Description for dragging invalid items from the desktop
Test Case Description for dragging invalid items from the desktop
Confirm that invalid or unusual items dragged to the browser window are handled properly
- From your desktop or file manager, drag a system or application file to the browser window
- Drag to the browser window a printer icon, as well as an shortcut/alias
On Windows, this icon would be in the Printers folder of My Computer. On Mac OS, this icon would be on your desktop; should a desktop printer not exist, select it in the Chooser, and press the Create button.
- Drag to the browser window the Recycle Bin icon (Trash on Mac OS), as well as an shortcut/alias to it.
- Select multiple files on the desktop or in your file manager, and drag these files to the browser window
- (Mac OS) Drag an HTML file with a slash (
/) in the file name, and a file with a backslash (
\) in the file name.
- (Mac OS) Drag an HTML file with a hex character sequence such as
%30in the file name (e.g.
- Repeat steps 1-6 for the Location Bar.
- Repeat steps 1-6 for the Personal Toolbar
1-3. The web browser should reject or ignore the drag&drop or prompt
Unknown Content Type dialog, presenting the user with the option to
save the file to disk.
4. Each file dropped onto the browser window should be opened in separate windows or tabs.
5-6. The files should be displayed without error
7-8. All drag&drop operations should be rejected