This document covers all patches to the mozilla/mail hierarchy. For questions or concerns arising from this document, please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One level of review is required. For codebase-wide, simple, repetitive changes (such as relicensing, spelling, whitespace or capitalization changes), review from a Thunderbird Peer is not required as long as the patch as a whole has review.
- Please test your changes thoroughly in Thunderbird before soliciting review.
- Significant UI changes (e.g. changing the behaviour of a dialog, pref changes, visual modifications beyond alignment/appearance inconsistencies) should be reviewed by the Thunderbird owner or a peer.
- When making significant changes or additions, please ensure that all relevant source comments/documentation are accurate and up to date. If there is no documentation, please consider adding good documentation to save others time in the future.
- While we will do our best to get things together so they can land before a freeze, giving us a reasonable amount of time is paramount to us actually being able to get your patch in..