Download PKI SourceNewsgroup: mozilla.dev.tech.crypto
Projects and Licensing
Open Source PKI projects on Mozilla currently include the following:
- Network Security Services (NSS) is a set of libraries designed to support cross-platform development of security-enabled client and server applications.
- Personal Security Manager (PSM) is a set of libraries that perform cryptographic operations on behalf of a client application.
This code is for developers only. If you have never compiled and debugged a very large C program before, the PKI source code will be of no interest to you.
If you are a developer, read on:
- This code is covered by the Mozilla Public License, the GNU General Public License, and the GNU Lesser General Public License; you must read the licenses before downloading the code. You may choose to license the code under MPL terms, GPL terms, or LGPL terms. These licenses grant you different permissions and impose different obligations. You should select the license that best meets your needs.
- You must read the boilerplate license that appears at the top of all files before downloading the code.
- The source is available via CVS and, for the NSS releases, as compressed tar files. See details below.
Download Information for PKI Source Code
Export Control Notice: This source code is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and other U.S. law, and may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries (currently Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria) or to persons or entities prohibited from receiving U.S. exports (including those (a) on the Bureau of Industry and Security Denied Parties List or Entity List, (b) on the Office of Foreign Assets Control list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons, and (c) involved with missile technology or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons).
Warning: If you are in the United States, please do not mirror this encryption source code unless you fully understand the U.S. export regulations. We are working on a plan to simplify life for our mirror sites and hope to announce it soon. People in other countries may face similar restrictions.
CVS Access: The most up-to-date NSS source code is available in the Mozilla CVS tree; for details, see Mozilla CVS Information for NSS. Links to the build instructions can be found in the NSS release notes. PSM is also available in the Mozilla CVS tree, for details, see Mozilla CVS Information for PSM.
Tar file download information: The most recent source for PSM is fully integrated with the most recent Mozilla tarballs. Downloading the full Mozilla tarball is the best way to ensure that PSM and NSS versions are in synch.
NSS Releases Directory contains the source code (as compressed tarballs) for the NSS releases. The src subdirectory under each NSS release directory contains the source tarball for that release.