NSS 3.7.5 Release Notes
21 May 2003
IntroductionNetwork Security Services (NSS) 3.7.5 is a patch release for NSS 3.7. Please refer to the NSS 3.7 Release Notes for the common information. The bug fixes in NSS 3.7.5 are described in the "Bugs Fixed" section below.
Distribution InformationThe CVS tag for the NSS 3.7.5 release is NSS_3_7_5_RTM. NSS 3.7.5 requires NSPR 4.2.2.
See the Documentation section for the build instructions.
Bugs FixedThe following bugs have been fixed in NSS 3.7.5.
- Bug 199082: Add a new function SSL_ShutdownServerSessionIDCache (added in NSS 3.7.4).
- Bug 198099: certutil crashes when listing DSA certificate.
- Bug 202384: mozilla can't read encrypted mail from Lotus Notes.
- Bug 202593: NSS does not lock non-threadsafe modules correctly.
205524: Reading encrypted mail sent by N7.01 causes infinite memory
DocumentationFor a list of the primary NSS documentation pages on mozilla.org, see NSS Documentation. New and revised documents available since the release of NSS 3.7 include the following:
- Build Instructions for NSS 3.7.5 describe the new NSS 3.7.5 CVS tag and other minor changes since NSS 3.7.3.
CompatibilityNSS 3.7.5 shared libraries are backward compatible with NSS 3.7.4, 3.7.3, 3.7.2, 3.7.1, 3.7, 3.6.x, NSS 3.5.x, NSS 3.4.x, NSS 3.3.x, and NSS 3.2.x shared libraries. A program linked with NSS 3.7.4, 3.7.3, 3.7.2, 3.7.1, 3.7, 3.6.x, NSS 3.5.x, NSS 3.4,.x NSS 3.3.x, or 3.2.x shared libraries will work with NSS 3.7.5 shared libraries without recompiling or relinking. Furthermore, applications that restrict their use of NSS APIs to the functions listed in NSS 3.4 Public Functions will remain compatible with future versions of the NSS shared libraries.
FeedbackBugs discovered should be reported by filing a bug report with bugzilla (product NSS).
You can also give feedback directly to the developers on the IRC
channel #mozcrypto on the server irc.mozilla.org.