NSS 3.7.2 Release Notes
10 March 2003
IntroductionNetwork Security Services (NSS) 3.7.2 is a patch release for NSS 3.7. Please refer to the NSS 3.7 Release Notes for the common information. The bug fixes in NSS 3.7.2 are described in the "Bugs Fixed" section below.
Distribution InformationThe CVS tag for the NSS 3.7.2 release is NSS_3_7_2_RTM.
NSS 3.7.2 source and binary distributions are also available on ftp.mozilla.org for anonymous ftp download:
- Source tarballs: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/NSS_3_7_2_RTM/src/.
- Binary distributions: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/NSS_3_7_2_RTM/. Both debug and optimized builds are provided. Go to the subdirectory for your platform, DBG (debug) or OPT (optimized), to get the tar.gz or zip file. The tar.gz or zip file expands to an nss-3.7.2 directory containing three subdirectories:
- include - NSS header files
- lib - NSS shared libraries
- bin - NSS Tools and test programs
Bugs FixedThe following bugs have been fixed in NSS 3.7.2.
- Bug 160207: SSL/TLS attack on block cipher padding in CBC mode.
- Bug 167756: NSS needs to poll for smartcard/hardware token removal.
- Bug 188856: https gets Error Code: -8173 when DHE ciphers negotiated.
- Bug 189976: CMMF_CreateCertRepContentFromDER leaks.
- Bug 190537: Size/Speed optimizations for OS/2.
- Bug 192179: CMS libraries inconsistent in use of NSSCMSGetDecryptKeyCallback.
- Bug 192617: Export NSS_CMSRecipientInfo_Wrap/UnwrapBulkKey.
- Bug 193367: NSS stores too many certs from an S/MIME message.
DocumentationFor a list of the primary NSS documentation pages on mozilla.org, see NSS Documentation. New and revised documents available since the release of NSS 3.7 include the following:
- Build Instructions for NSS 3.7.2 describe the new NSS 3.7.2 CVS tag and other minor changes since NSS 3.7.1.
CompatibilityNSS 3.7.2 shared libraries are backward compatible with NSS 3.7.1, 3.7, 3.6.x, NSS 3.5.x, NSS 3.4.x, NSS 3.3.x, and NSS 3.2.x shared libraries. A program linked with NSS 3.7.1, 3.7, 3.6.x, NSS 3.5.x, NSS 3.4,.x NSS 3.3.x, or 3.2.x shared libraries will work with NSS 3.7.2 shared libraries without recompiling or relinking. Furthermore, applications that restrict their use of NSS APIs to the functions listed in NSS 3.4 Public Functions will remain compatible with future versions of the NSS shared libraries.
FeedbackBugs discovered should be reported by filing a bug report with bugzilla (product NSS).
You can also give feedback directly to the developers on the IRC channel
#mozcrypto on the server irc.mozilla.org.