NSS 3.4.2 Release Notes
10 June 2002
IntroductionNetwork Security Services (NSS) 3.4.2 is a patch release for NSS 3.4. Please refer to the NSS 3.4 Release Notes for the common information. The bug fixes in NSS 3.4.2 are described in the "Bugs Fixed" section below.
Distribution InformationThe CVS tag for the NSS 3.4.2 release is NSS_3_4_2_RTM.
NSS 3.4.2 source and binary distributions are also available on ftp.mozilla.org for anonymous ftp download:
- Source tarballs: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/NSS_3_4_2_RTM/src/.
- Binary distributions: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/NSS_3_4_2_RTM/. Both debug and optimized builds are provided. Go to the subdirectory for your platform, DBG (debug) or OPT (optimized), to get the tar.gz or zip file. The tar.gz or zip file expands to an nss-3.4.2 directory containing three subdirectories:
- include - NSS header files
- lib - NSS shared libraries
- bin - NSS Tools and test programs
Bugs FixedThe following bugs have been fixed in NSS 3.4.2.
- Bug 126087: Hot locks (PK11SymKey->refLock).
- Bug 128586: Can't restore cert exported by IE.
- Bug 133643: Unable to import P12 file.
- Bug 135871: NSS 3.4 RC2 crashes when CERT_VerifyCertNow is called.
- Bug 136279: NSS 3.4 RC2 cannot see CA certs on Builtin Object Token.
- Bug 136625: nsslowcert_DecodeDERCertificate failure causes pk11_searchCertsAndTrust to deference a null 'cert' pointer.
- Bug 140474: PK11_FindCertsFromNickname may cause an assertion failure in nssList_GetArray.
- Bug 142575: 3.4.2 not backwards compatible - missing mktemp.
- Bug 142658: certutil crashes if cert->nickname is NULL.
- Bug 147794:
PK11_ImportDERPrivateKeyInfoAndReturnKey frees the private key incorrectly.
DocumentationFor a list of the primary NSS documentation pages on mozilla.org, see NSS Documentation. New and revised documents available since the release of NSS 3.3.1 include the following:
- Build Instructions for NSS 3.4.2 describe the new NSS 3.4.2 CVS tag and other minor changes since NSS 3.4.1.
CompatibilityNSS 3.4.2 shared libraries are backward compatible with NSS 3.4.1, NSS 3.4, NSS 3.3.x, and NSS 3.2.x shared libraries. A program linked with NSS 3.4.1, NSS 3.4, NSS 3.3.x, or 3.2.x shared libraries will work with NSS 3.4.2 shared libraries without recompiling or relinking. Furthermore, applications that restrict their use of NSS APIs to the functions listed in NSS 3.4 Public Functions will remain compatible with future versions of the NSS shared libraries.
FeedbackBugs discovered should be reported by filing a bug report with bugzilla (product NSS).
You can also give feedback directly to the developers on the IRC channel #mozcrypto on the server irc.mozilla.org.