Build Instructions for JSS 4.2.5Newsgroup: mozilla.dev.tech.crypto
Before building JSS, you need to set up your system as follows:
- Build NSPR/NSS by following the build Instructions for NSS 3.11.4 Release,
- To check that NSS built correctly, run all.sh (in mozilla/security/nss/tests)
and examine the results (in mozilla/test_results/security/computername.#/results.html.
- Install a Java compiler and runtime. JSS supports Java version 1.5 or later. We suggest you use the latest.
- You must have Perl version 5.005 or later.
- Switch to the appropriate directory and check out JSS from the root of your source tree.
cvs co -r JSS_4_2_5_RTM mozilla/security/jss
Setup environment variables needed for compiling Java source. TheUnix
JAVA_HOMEvariable indicates the directory containing your Java SDK installation.
setenv JAVA_HOME /usr/local/jdk1.5.0 (or wherever your JDK is installed)Windows NT
set JAVA_HOME=c:\programs\jdk1.5.0 (or wherever your JDK is installed)Windows NT (Cygnus)
JAVA_HOME=/cygdrive/c/programs/jdk1.5.0 (or wherever your JDK is installed) export JAVA_HOME
cd mozilla/security/jss gmake
Next, you should read the instructions on using JSS.