Next Milestone: M3.
Main Goal -Provide enough basic functionality in place to allow everyone
working on the product
to use apprunner for their daily browsing and mail.
Rough Draft Acceptance Criteria For Internal Mozilla/Netscape Dogfood Communicator.
- Be able to load and view all the major search engines, top 100 sites, and seamonkey engineering frequently visited sites.
- Read, write, and manage buglist on Bugzilla.
- View and interact with tinderbox and bonsai.
- Pass all the basic gecko tests and be able to view and Navigate some list of sites along the lines of the top 100, with Mean Time Between Failure of X (where X is about an hour)
- Have some notion of URL history
- Be able to control the operation of the browser with buttons
- simple text entry in a URL location window
- copy and paste a URL location?
- Provide status bar to indicate page download and loading progress.
- Download files via FTP
- Ability to read webmail (possibly messenger express)?
- Ability to ready and write 5.0 preferences to control the operation of the browser?
- Ability to set and unset prefs with pref UI elements?
- Ability to migrate prefs, bookmarks, certs, address book, mail, news and other user profile data created with 4.x
- Print a page?
- Send a page?
- download POP mail with leave on server option (IMAP is later)
- handle smtp
- display messages
- display folder lists
- delete, reply, forward messages
- construct mail using simple text editor
- uses new mail db
- works on Mac, Linux, Win
- Uses various XPFE: tree view, tool bars, buttons, sidebar, mail button in browser.
- Browser Busting evaluation and enabling to run the top 100 Japanese sites.
- Ability to read mail messages containing Japanese HTML and Plain Text.
- Ability to reply to, forward, and delete messages containing Japanese characters in headers and text.
- Ability to create messages with Japanese text.